Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 1 Post By Javi
  • 3 Post By Caps
  • 8 Post By Javi

Thread: ECM Profitec IV blocked boiler gauge

ECM Profitec IV blocked boiler gauge

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have an ECM Profitec IV and the boiler gauge has scale blockage after descaling the machine, I know because the gauge remains at 0.5 bar when switched off and cold. Do you have a video or link that shows how to unblock the gauge pipeline? Or can you please provide a basic explanation?

What's an ECM Profitec IV?
    hawk87 likes this.

Technika IV Profi?

Sorry, my bad. It is an ECM Technika Profi IV. I was close
    flashpixx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Javi View Post
    I have an ECM Profitec IV and the boiler gauge has scale blockage after descaling the machine, I know because the gauge remains at 0.5 bar when switched off and cold. Do you have a video or link that shows how to unblock the gauge pipeline? Or can you please provide a basic explanation?
    Happened on my machine a couple of years ago. Allen keys to take the cup warmer panel off which will give you access to the back of the gauge and the small pipe going to the top of the boiler. Take the pipe off with a spanner and clean it. Do it when the machine is cold of course. It is relatively easy.
    Dimal, oliverm and WME like this.

Fixed the problem today. Emptied the boiler and let the machine cooldown, removed 6 Allen key bolts off the top cover, removed the top cover, then unbolted the boiler gauge pipeline from both ends and the problem quickly became obvious. The boiler pipe end was blocked with calcium deposit. The Pipeline inner diameter is very similar to the diameter of a sewing needle, thus I used a sewing needle to poke and clean out the calcium deposit. Re-assembled the machine and voila the gauge is reading perfectly.

Here are 2 youtube links to videos I took while repairing the blockage, for those of you that may want a basic reference of what the machine looks like on the inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wAEEtUKipw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDne9oJ0IwE