• 1 Post By Caffeinator
  • 4 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 3 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 6 Post By javatime

Thread: Coffee machine 3-4k suggestions

Coffee machine 3-4k suggestions

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,
    I am moving on from a VBM Domobar Junior HX machine since 2013 which is still going strong but given to a family member.

I am looking for a rotary dual boiler. Wont be able to plumb in or drain out.
    After using the VBM, I am looking for something that is reliable e.g. all stainless steel.

I am thinking Profitec Pro 700. I have a Quamar conical that I will take with me. I like the IMS shower screen for easy cleaning so compatibility is nice

Cheers
    Brewster likes this.

Have a play with an Alex Duetto too... Site sponsor Casa Espresso can place you in contact with your local.
    Last edited by Caffeinator; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:26 PM. Reason: extra info
    coffeechris and Dimal like this.

Profitec 700 and ECM Synchronika don't have a Stainless Steel frame. Alex Duetto does have a Stainless Steel frame but is a fair bit more expensive. It does however give you the unique feature (in the price range) of pre-heating water fed into the Brew Boiler.

Rocket R58 is in your price range but has copper boilers and powdered coated steel frame as well as an external, plug-in PID.
    Dimal likes this.

My pick would be the Izzo Alex Duetto too...

Mal.

I can say from first hand experience that the Izzo Alex Duetto is a great machine in appearance and performance.

Chris
    Dimal and CafeLotta like this.

Thanks for the suggestions. The Izzo looks nice but it is around 4.5k which may be out of my price range as I started looking at 3k machines at first

Quote Originally Posted by javatime View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. The Izzo looks nice but it is around 4.5k which may be out of my price range as I started looking at 3k machines at first
    You might get close if someone has a suitable demo model?
    Dimal likes this.

I saw the VBM Super 2B is around 3.7k. Thoughts? I am not sure about the look of the new VBM machines but the older ones should be completely stainless?

Site Sponsor
    I saw the VBM Super 2B is around 3.7k. Thoughts? I am not sure about the look of the new VBM machines but the older ones should be completely stainless?
    The new VBMs are still a ways off their aussie debut (and final spec).

charlie

The last of them was imported into Australia some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinator View Post
    The last of them was imported into Australia some years ago.
    Interesting. I'll probably take a look at the duetto but it may be too large for my countertop and slightly over my price range. I am predominantly worried about rusting out the frame with non stainless steel cases.

I did say I wanted a dual boiler so I can dial in the temperature better but HX is also okay. What about the Alex HX model? I know I give up dual boiler but I'm guessing less complexity means less things to go wrong.

Site Sponsor
    Why not stick with the dual boiler plan and consider the Profitec Pro 600? Heaps of steam (2 BAR), adjustable brew temp and comfortably under $4K! If you were happy with the build quality on your Vibiemme Junior, you will be ecstatic with the spec and finish of the 600.

charlie
    Brewster, Dimal and flynnaus like this.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the input.

In the end I couldn't justify the price of the Izzo compared to the deal on the rocket r58 as I probably need to upgrade my grinder.
    I brought an rocket r58 from site sponsor - the beanery - the deal was too hard to resist.
    Cant believe that I got delivered the machine 1 day after paying. Still not setup but excited.

Thanks to all the site sponsors who got back to me. Appreciate it - until next time.
    Andy, Brewster, Dimal and 3 others like this.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the input.

In the end I couldn't justify the price of the Izzo compared to the deal on the rocket r58 as I probably need to upgrade my grinder.
    I brought an rocket r58 from site sponsor - the beanery - the deal was too hard to resist.
    Cant believe that I got delivered the machine 1 day after paying. Still not setup but excited.

Thanks to all the site sponsors who got back to me. Appreciate it - until next time.
    Good get. Hopefully they threw in the Hiroia Jimmy scale as well. It's a freebie in December.

Unfortunately I didnt get the scale but the price difference means I could have brought one and ended up at a similar price