• 2 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 2 Post By level3ninja
  • 1 Post By Ronin
  • 4 Post By daniboy7777
  • 1 Post By hawk87
  • 2 Post By daniboy7777
  • 2 Post By Dimal
  • 2 Post By daniboy7777

Thread: ECM Synchronika VS Lelit Bianca Which is best value and what should I expect to pay?

ECM Synchronika VS Lelit Bianca Which is best value and what should I expect to pay?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Guys,

First off Iím new here so hello!

So Iíll try and keep this short and sweet, Iíve narrowed down the machines to these two (ECM Synchronika & Lelit Bianca) Iíve heard great things about both apparently build quality is meant to be excellent etc but I keep getting told value for money wise the Lelit is hands down the better option, Is this true? And which would you recommend? Iím also open to other suggestions just the amount of research Iíve done these two always seem to come out on top for the money unless of course you step your budget up to $5k which Iím not going to do as I want a good grinder as well which will already push me into that territory which is fine. which leads me onto my next question what grinder should I be looking at? Iím wanting something that obviously grinds well but will also automatically measure the dose and distribute so are there any recommendations here you could give me? Total budget $5500 inc grinder but if you guys can show me cheaper options Iím all ears and Iím basing this on online pricing I can see so if I can spend less I will.

And last question where should I look to buy these machines? Iíd rather do it online if possible as Iím located on the Central Coast NSW (happy to travel for the right price) the reason Iím asking where should I buy from is Iím getting quoted different prices by others elsewhere of how much I should be paying which is a bit cheaper than I can currently see from online stores here in AU such as the Lelit for example Iím told it can be had for $3500 but online itís currently on special and showing at 3949 here so $400+ more. So if anyone can recommend me best place to buy with good pricing please let me know.

Thanks so much for your time and really appreciate any help.
    hawk87 likes this.

Welcome to Coffee Snobs Danniboy.

Have a look at the Bezzera Domus Galatea, excellent value at $2975, excellent pedigree, very reliable and easy to get good results from, many satisfied users, I've owned one for 10 years, still performing as new.
    https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...domus-galatea/

As far as grinders are concerned, the Niche Zero is flavour of the month among users on this forum, if I were in the market for a new grinder it would certainly be on my short list, $1300.
    https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/shop/ac/niche-coffee-grinders

Jetblack are good people to deal with and offer excellent backup service and advice, located in Sydney.

Cant comment on the other machines you mention, however the ECM seems to have a good reputation.

I'm sure others will offer advice.

Good luck, stay in touch.
    hawk87 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    Welcome to Coffee Snobs Danniboy.

Have a look at the Bezzera Domus Galatea, excellent value at $2975, excellent pedigree, very reliable and easy to get good results from, many satisfied users, I've owned one for 10 years, still performing as new.
    https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...domus-galatea/

As far as grinders are concerned, the Niche Zero is flavour of the month among users on this forum, if I were in the market for a new grinder it would certainly be on my short list, $1300.
    https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/shop/ac/niche-coffee-grinders

Jetblack are good people to deal with and offer excellent backup service and advice, located in Sydney.

Cant comment on the other machines you mention, however the ECM seems to have a good reputation.

I'm sure others will offer advice.

Good luck, stay in touch.
    Thanks so much Yelta I will check these out right now!

I actually found the same machine for a fair bit cheaper. I guess this is to my point in my post I’m not sure what is a fair price for some of these machines they vary quite a bit from site to site.
    Last edited by Javaphile; 21st December 2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Commercial link removed

The Sycnronika/Pro 700 both have bigger steam boilers, and much higher steam pressure than the Bianca.
    Given all three units are basically the same price, i think the capabilities of the snyconrila/pro 700 are a bit better.
    Between the three id probsbly say steam then asthetics should guide you.
    I prefer the looks of the pro 700 to the snycronika but if you like the wood of the leleit the other machines can be customized if you want later.
    The flow control on the lelit is now available for the other two

Quote Originally Posted by daniboy7777 View Post
    I actually found the same machine for a fair bit cheaper. I guess this is to my point in my post I’m not sure what is a fair price for some of these machines they vary quite a bit from site to site.
    When you buy from a reputable bricks and mortar store (whether online or in person) you are buying after sales service and access to years of experience.

site sponsors here, one mentioned above, should provide you some comfort.

If travel is an issue in the shopping around phase, use the Quote Form, link located at the bottom of every page on this site. Fill it out and it will find its way to the site sponsors who can then quote based on your specifications.

good luck, have fun
    Meggs8 and Dimal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flashpixx View Post
    When you buy from a reputable bricks and mortar store (whether online or in person) you are buying after sales service and access to years of experience.

site sponsors here, one mentioned above, should provide you some comfort.

If travel is an issue in the shopping around phase, use the Quote Form, link located at the bottom of every page on this site. Fill it out and it will find its way to the site sponsors who can then quote based on your specifications.

good luck, have fun

ahh didn’t realise there was a quote form here thanks so much for your help!
    flashpixx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats View Post
    The Sycnronika/Pro 700 both have bigger steam boilers, and much higher steam pressure than the Bianca.
    Given all three units are basically the same price, i think the capabilities of the snyconrila/pro 700 are a bit better.
    Between the three id probsbly say steam then asthetics should guide you.
    I prefer the looks of the pro 700 to the snycronika but if you like the wood of the leleit the other machines can be customized if you want later.
    The flow control on the lelit is now available for the other two
    I did not not know that regarding the flow control thanks so much

+++++ 1 For buying from a well known supplier. You might save a few dollars by shopping for the cheapest price but in the price range you are looking at think of it as a 10 yr plus relationship.

Look for a well regarded supplier who may also be an active responder on this forum. I have no experience of, for example, Jet Black Espresso but note that Charlie regularly responds to queries with great advice and goes out of his way to help. You want an experienced supplier who can help with your decision, let you try various models, will answer queries along the way and service your machine when needed. Saving a few dollars on the purchase is less important than choosing a helpful and trustworthy supplier. I travel 250K to get my machine serviced by the person I bought it from many years ago and rely on his advice and backup.

Also highly recommend Niche grinder.

Happy espresso making.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggs8 View Post
    +++++ 1 For buying from a well known supplier. You might save a few dollars by shopping for the cheapest price but in the price range you are looking at think of it as a 10 yr plus relationship.

Look for a well regarded supplier who may also be an active responder on this forum. I have no experience of, for example, Jet Black Espresso but note that Charlie regularly responds to queries with great advice and goes out of his way to help. You want an experienced supplier who can help with your decision, let you try various models, will answer queries along the way and service your machine when needed. Saving a few dollars on the purchase is less important than choosing a helpful and trustworthy supplier. I travel 250K to get my machine serviced by the person I bought it from many years ago and rely on his advice and backup.

Also highly recommend Niche grinder.

Happy espresso making.
    +1 to this advice.

The machines you're looking at are all capable of making fantastic espresso (so I dont think there's a "wrong" choice here). So the decision may come down to look/feel - and playing with the machines can really help you decide where the money will be spent. I'm a very happy owner of a V1 Syncronika (I've played with the V2 - the steam power is ridiculous FYI) and I'm sure it will provide quality espresso for years and years to come. But other options you mention and have been mentioned here will still be awesome choices. You will find the quality of your espresso will come down more to refining your skills with the machine, than the machine by itself

Also +1 on the niche if you plan on single dose grinding. If you want more on-demand grinding, the Eureka Atom stands pretty alone in the price point of around 1K.

Look forward to hear which way you go
    Meggs8 and flashpixx like this.

Site Sponsor
    Hi Daniboy,

Both great machines. Probably better value with the Bianca given flow control is already installed and the ECM/Profitec flow control accessory will add $$ to the machine price. I've used both with flow control and would be perfectly happy with the ECM Synchronika, Profitec Pro 700 or Lelit Bianca. I use the paddle primarily to control pre-infusion length and then to drop the pressure at the end of the shot to prevent blonding. Main functional difference with the Synchronika and Pro 700 is the wear-free rotary valves on the Pro 700 versus the levers on the Synchronika (Bianca has wear-free rotary valves too).

charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Meggs8 View Post
    I travel 250K to get my machine serviced by the person I bought it from many years ago and rely on his advice and backup.
    You circle the planet how many times?

Java "Talk about a long distance relationship!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    You circle the planet how many times?

Java "Talk about a long distance relationship!" phile
    Errrrrrrrrrrr 250 kilometres NOT 250 K ie THOUSAND kilometres. I'm not that keen!
    Javaphile likes this.

If buying of the internet check the warranty.
    It’s possibly a back to base type, which means you pay to get it back to the place of purchase and back again.
    So if you are in Melbourne and buy from a Sydney seller (as an example) you may be paying postage both ways for a warranty claim. Or you may be directed to a local tech to you, you will then need to pay and then try to get reimbursed for the outlay.

Go in with eyes open.

Also if considering the ECM look for an authorised dealer as the warranty may be longer than the 12mths that is standard.
    Last edited by Ronin; 22nd December 2019 at 06:48 PM.
    flashpixx likes this.

Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    If buying of the internet check the warranty.
    It’s possibly a back to base type, which means you pay to get it back to the place of purchase and back again.
    So if you are in Melbourne and buy from a Sydney seller (as an example) you may be paying postage both ways for a warranty claim. Or you may be directed to a local tech to you, you need to pay and then try to get reimbursed for the outlay.

Go in with eyes open.
    I haven't come across any dealers that would work this way with any of the machines in discussion but FWIW Jetblack Espresso would get warranty work done locally at no cost to the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Also if considering the ECM look for an authorised dealer as the warranty may be longer than the 12mths that is standard.
    I don't know of any grey importers in Oz so any ECM dealer is authorised by definition.

charlie
    Dimal and flashpixx like this.

Don’t know the full detail but I heard something about 18mths warranty from some select dealers

When your paying that much for a coffee machine it should last at least several years, if not a couple of decades, when looked after properly. Australian consumer law is pretty clear that neither 12 or 18 months would be sufficient to say they wouldn't have to repair/replace non-consumable defects.
    Dimal and daniboy7777 like this.

I would expect all these machines to last in the decades also.
    I’m not a consumer law expert, so I can’t comment that
    Last edited by Ronin; 23rd December 2019 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    hawk87 likes this.

Hi Guys,

Appreciate the feedback from everyone. I ended up getting the ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Rhino Milk Jug Non-Stick 600ml, Motta Knock Box, Espro Tamper, Rhino Bench mat and the Hiroia Jimmy scales they actually threw these scales in for free which was just incredible and unexpected and gave me a really nice package deal actually beating out everyone else on top, unfortunately I didn’t end up buying off a site sponsor but another well know brick and mortar store in Sydney.

One important factor for me was that my machine was bench tested and ran through prior to shipping so as to avoid any day one defects that might otherwise ruin the experience, I understand it might be very rare to get a doa machine but things happen so knowing this was part of the sales experience when spending so much money was great added piece of mind.

Very happy should all arrive next week.

thanks again for the all the advice
    Ronin, Dimal, CafeLotta and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by daniboy7777 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Appreciate the feedback from everyone. I ended up getting the ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Rhino Milk Jug Non-Stick 600ml, Motta Knock Box, Espro Tamper, Rhino Bench mat and the Hiroia Jimmy scales they actually threw these scales in for free which was just incredible and unexpected and gave me a really nice package deal actually beating out everyone else on top, unfortunately I didn’t end up buying off a site sponsor but another well know brick and mortar store in Sydney.

One important factor for me was that my machine was bench tested and ran through prior to shipping so as to avoid any day one defects that might otherwise ruin the experience, I understand it might be very rare to get a doa machine but things happen so knowing this was part of the sales experience when spending so much money was great added piece of mind.

Very happy should all arrive next week.

thanks again for the all the advice
    Very cool! Solid choices all round. Keep us posted when the new gadgets arrive. Then the fun REALLY begins
    daniboy7777 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    Very cool! Solid choices all round. Keep us posted when the new gadgets arrive. Then the fun REALLY begins
    yes will keep you posted, I still can't believe they gave me those scales, I was just gonna buy some cheapo ones from Kmart or somewhere I couldn't believe it they're like $400 scales. totally unexpected, combined with a great bundle discount. I bought it all from DI Bartoli overall great experience.
    Dimal and CafeLotta like this.

Di Bartoli are good people...
    Wonderful combo mate.

Mal.
    hawk87 and daniboy7777 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Di Bartoli are good people...
    Wonderful combo mate.

Mal.
    Definitely, Now I just have to find some nice beans and a wifi plug that's not to thick so I can have grinder plugged in as well
    Dimal and hawk87 like this.