• 2 Post By Caffeinator
  • 3 Post By coffee_mum
  • 2 Post By coffee_mum
  • 1 Post By Caffeinator

Thread: Izzo Alex Pid, suddenly no steam

Izzo Alex Pid, suddenly no steam

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Help Please,
    My week old Alex Pid V4, currently running from the tank, was working fine, but something has gone wrong with the steam tap. I steamed 2 lots of milk, then pulled another shot and went to steam the milk for that one, and there was nothing from the wand (steam holes are clean) the tap felt like it had no resistance, and I was able to screw it all the way off. There is water to the hot tap and the group, the tank is full.

Is there anything (basic) I can do, or is it a warranty issue?

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_mum View Post
    Help Please,
    My week old Alex Pid V4, currently running from the tank, was working fine, but something has gone wrong with the steam tap. I steamed 2 lots of milk, then pulled another shot and went to steam the milk for that one, and there was nothing from the wand (steam holes are clean) the tap felt like it had no resistance, and I was able to screw it all the way off. There is water to the hot tap and the group, the tank is full.

Is there anything (basic) I can do, or is it a warranty issue?
    Irritating, but a minor one CM. It's a 2 min job to fix it.

Carefully remove the metal insert from the front of the handle. Best is some fishing line or sometimes strapping tape will work well as well.

In there you'll find that the small circlip which attaches the handle to the valve stem has popped off. Perhaps it was incorrectly fitted at factory or bench test. Screw the handle back on and a pair of pointy nose pliers should allow you to fit the circlip. You may want to leave the handle insert off for a day or two, just to check that the circlip is correctly seated.
    coffee_mum and Dimal like this.

Thanks Caffeinator,
    All fixed for now, my fat fingers don't do fishing line, so I pushed gently with a chopstick from the inside and the cover came off.
    The circlip is only staying where it should because of the grease in there, I'll contact the much missed ex sponsor I bought it from once he's back on deck in the new year to see about getting a better fitting one.
    coffeechris, Dimal and Lukemc like this.

The circlip is only staying where it should because of the grease in there, I'll contact the much missed ex sponsor I bought it from once he's back on deck in the new year to see about getting a better fitting one.
    Or let Hubby apply some gentle persuasion with a pair of pliers
    Dimal and Caffeinator like this.

Or let Hubby apply some gentle persuasion with a pair of pliers
    That will do the trick as well!
    coffee_mum likes this.