• 1 Post By saeco_user
  • 2 Post By FNQ
  • 2 Post By Caffeinator
  • 2 Post By jay8354

Thread: Who has seen inside a Crem One - info on 2B R-LFPP

FNQ

Who has seen inside a Crem One - info on 2B R-LFPP

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have been trying to google search info on the CREM ( specific model above), and thought i would see if any bods have experience with them. ( i have read a good review from UK barista land but little else)

Is it an Expobar rebranded?, is it made in Spain or is it swiss, What are the internals like? and how good/ bad /indifferent is the knob changing preinfusion / and supposed profiling ability.

It seems to me to be a direct competitor for ECM/ Profitec Pro 700 with needle mod and Lelit Bianca? Cheers Darryl

Have you contacted the local suppliers? The average punter wouldn't know anything about this new ex-Expobar model, so an opinion from one reseller in particular should be sought, you will get honest, unbiased feedback.

I have seen one in operation and if I was going to go down the profiling path I would only consider the Rocket R9, which makes fabulous coffee but unfortunately , is approximately twice the price.

Expobar have been rebranded by the new parent company, Welbilt, which is Swedish.
    https://www.creminternational.com/20...crem-new-logo/

The Crem coffee machines are still being made in the same Spanish factory which has made Expobar for the last 23 years.

Amazing what you can find on Google in less than 3 minutes.
    Dimal likes this.

Spanish factory run by Swedish company owned by American Corporation (Mr Google again)
    chokkidog likes this.

FNQ
    thanks chokkidog and saeco user for responding. It seems i am a very average punter when it comes to googling....(sorry about that) the crem website does a pretty good job of referring to Coffee Creme, expobar and sprengler without getting into details. So where i was confident about an Expobar brewtus being an Expobar Minore IV in our market, I don't know whether the Crem machines have a new face but same Expobar internals.(or maybe Coffee Creme Internals?). Perhaps as suggested it is too early for more info unless i go to the resellers.
    I plan to chat to suppliers when i am closer to launching on a machine, but i generally like to have a bit more information prior to this. Thanks again.
    Dimal and chokkidog like this.

Me.

The build quality is excellent- although I did see a bit of use of push-fit and teflon tubing. It's Spanish.

Expobar as a brand is being wound down and has been replaced by Crem (who are the manufacturer of Expobar).

Profiling works well and I'd have one any day over a conventional e-61 with a do-flicky gicleur mod.

You can roll your own and save up to 5 "recipes" aka profiles but if you want to program one, you need to load it as a text file via USB. Not keen on the fact that all services exit/enter from the rear of the machine and that if you plumb in, you are using the Crem proprietary inlet hose which reminds me of poly sprinkler tube. It's dog ugly. Do love the removable drip tray insert. Will be awesome for those into scales... I would have liked more in the way of the valves used for steam/hot water. They look low rent. Rumours are that a toggle mod may be available ex. importer. If you're thinking of upgrading one with their wood kit, I think you will be up for about $600- which is frankly ridiculous. Service on them will be excellent. The mothership has really thought about this aspect of the Crem One range.

I'll be keeping the R Nine One, but geez, the Crem is one helluva lot 'o machine for the price.

The first import is due to land next Monday
    Last edited by Caffeinator; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:51 PM.
    Dimal and jay8354 like this.

FNQ
    Thanks Caffeinator, excellent knowledge as usual. I would love an r 9 one but it is not in the offing for me. I was thinking they had just been released, so a bit off in my day count. Cheers darryl

Dave Corbey has done a video on the internals - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_2qyTqX9jI
    Dimal and FNQ like this.