Thread: grounds stay in group head on Boema

grounds stay in group head on Boema

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All
    A quick question- on my 1 group Boema I get grounds outside the showerscreen/ dispersion block after I remove the portafilter. By that I mean on the sides of the block (showerhead) and edges of the group seal. I didnt get this on the Bezzera even though it is the same or similar to the Boema. I also dont get it on Botticelli. I usually clean these by doing the p/f wobble (loose in the group head) or with a back flush, but it is every time I use it.
    Im wondering if the dispersion block is a little undersided especially since it has a perforated stainless steel shower screen unlike the usual wire screen one (maybe this is normal for Boema).
    Any thoughts?
    Brett

Re: grounds stay in group head on Boema

Sounds normal, especially if the group seal is halfway up the shower screen.

Re: grounds stay in group head on Boema

Ah, the times when you should trust your own judgement. The shower head was about 5mm undersized. I compared it to an ordinary 58mm style one and the difference was amazing- also there was a difference between the shape- all the ones Ive fiddled with before had chamfered/ bevelled sides that fitted fairly neatly into the filter basket. I had not been able to check before because the thing had a seized screw- amazing what you can do by removing the grouphead and hitting the screw with an impact driver!
    All fixed and happy.
    Brett