Thread: Cimbali M27 Start not autofilling

Cimbali M27 Start not autofilling

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello Australia I have here in sunny Portugal a little problem with my Cimbali and I suspect Java B is the right person to solve it...
    Yesterday morning was a problem in the water supply and when the machine switchs on there was no water. When the water supply was restaured I switch the machine on but noticed that, as usual, the autofill didnt work! When I let the machine to come working temperature and press the water dispensing button the pump goes on and hot water comes out but after, the boiler is not automatic filled up! Maybe a solenoid?
    I would be obliged if someone can give me a clue! Thanks

Re: Cimbali M27 Start not autofilling

valimar,

Does the pump generate 9 bars of pressure when brewing.

La Cimbali pumps are very sensitive to running without mains water pressure and after a fairly short time running like that - they fail!!

The autofill circuit itself should not be affected by not having water as it uses a float in the boiler which operates a reed relay on the outside of the boiler....

Can you hear the pump motor running at all? When you operate the hot water outlet boiling water is forced out by the pressure in the boiler but this is normally mixed with cold water supplied by the pump.... some of which replenishes the boiler water at the same time .... this is all done with the economiser attached to the boiler.

Thanks Java B for the fast reply! Yes I hear the pump motor run and hot water comes out, only after taking some hot water the autofill doesnt fill up! the pressure on the guage is also correct!

Does the pump actually run when it is time to autofill and no water is added to the boiler or nothing happens? Does the fill light come on?

Your model does have a level probe rather than the reed switch..... you could disconnect the lead to the probe and see if that starts the boiler fill. If not, then In suspect the "Electronic Box" (CL on the drawing) has failed.... and there is no information what is in that box (just like my La Cimbali computer board - the whole unit is replaced if it fails :()

I think the water problem was just a coincidence.... this autofill problem just happened to start at the same time.

No nothing happens when the machine should autofill: The pump doesnt run and light doesnt go on! Now I have to go to work but tonight I check it and let you know What I found out! Thanks again!

I found out what the problem was but not the cause...
    Before I wrote to this forum asking for help, I took about one liter hot water from the boiler,while the machine was at working temperatur. That should be enough for the autofill to start working, what didnt occur!
    Yesterday with the machine cold I took the upper valve out and looked inside of the boiler that was almost full of water. Apparently something strange happened when there was no water supply that made the boiler be filled up above the usual! Now everything is working fine! Many thanks Java B for your advices.