Thread: Another La Pavoni T2 S

jmc

Another La Pavoni T2 S

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Picked up last week after purchase from that auction site. A 1995 model which appears to have been well used.
    The front was filthy, I dont think the groups had been cleaned for a long time and the portafilters took 4 days of soaking in a strong Caffetto solution to come clean. Naturally the group gaskets were hard as a rock ( but easy to remove with the screw in screen) . All very grotty but easy to fix.
    When I pulled the covers off I was shocked - it is really clean under there - it just needs a wipe - no evidence of previous leaks or blooms . Drained some water from the boiler and NO off smells at all [smiley=smiley.gif] and no evidence of scale.
    Havent been able to fire it up yet as im waiting for an electrician mate to install a 15 amp socket. Hopefully tomorrow - fingers crossed.
    John

Re: Another La Pavoni T2 S

Welcome to the Pav club! These are great machines that actually work well for one off home use, once you tweak the pstat.

My Pav was rated at 20 A using a 4.5 kW element (three 1.5 kW elements in parallel). Im running it on two elements so that it works on a 15 A circuit.

Any pics to prove membership in the Pav club?

jmc

A belated update on the Pav.
    After firing it up it was obvious that the P/stat was playing up. Other than that everything seemed fine . I stripped it down and soaked everything in Citric solution to descale, replaced every seal and wear part in the E61 group heads, replaced the standard 3.0 mm thermosyphon restrictors with 2.5 mm and disconnected one of the heating elements *so it would run on 15 amp. And of course replaced the P/stat. All parts from Coffee Parts.
    Due to the Procon pump in the Pav its easy to run it from a tank (jerrycan)

Result - these machines rock with the reduced size thermosyphon restrictors cooling flushes are reduced so the machine becomes really easy to use. You could make coffees all day long on this and never exceed Its capabilities, but if you leave it for a few hours before the next coffee a then short cooling flush and youre ready to go. I would definitely recommend one of these for home use if you have the space.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jmc link=1204614119/0#2 date=1218621100
    A belated update on the Pav.
    After firing it up it was obvious that the P/stat was playing up. Other than that everything seemed fine . I stripped it down and soaked everything in Citric solution to descale, replaced every seal and wear part in the E61 group heads, replaced the standard 3.0 mm thermosyphon restrictors with 2.5 mm and disconnected one of the heating elements *so it would run on 15 amp. And of course replaced the P/stat. All parts from Coffee Parts.
    Due to the Procon pump in the Pav its easy to run it from a tank (jerrycan)

Result - these machines rock with the reduced size thermosyphon restrictors cooling flushes are reduced so the machine becomes really easy to use. You could make coffees all day long on this and never exceed Its capabilities, but if you leave it for a few hours before the next coffee a then short cooling flush and youre ready to go. I would definitely recommend one of these for home use if you have the space.

John
    Yeah, but tell us about the fridge in the background!