Thread: ECM Veneziano

ECM Veneziano

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

new to the forum and was hoping to get some info from those in the know.....

I finally made the decision to purchase a machine for home and had decided on the ECM Veneziano only to be informed they are not available. >:(
    Is this a temporary or permanent situation?

thanks in advance to anyone with info.

J

TC

Re: ECM Veneziano

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai link=1209112198/0#0 date=1209112198
    Hi all,

new to the forum and was hoping to get some info from those in the know.....

I finally made the decision to purchase a machine for home and had decided on the ECM Veneziano only to be informed they are not available. *>:(
    Is this a temporary or permanent situation?

thanks in advance to anyone with info.

J
    Hi Samurai and welcome,

ECM went dangerously close to belly up last year and there was very little product produced. Rocket Espresso, a NZ company which was producing the Giotto Classic for the NZ market (Rocket E-61) has purchased the rights to the Giotto premium as well as all the Giotto infrastructure in Milan- so we are now receiving the Rocket Espresso Giotto (an improved Giotto premium). I understand that Rocket was offered the Veneziano but did not purchase it.

Very sadly, ECM have no intention at present to resume production of the Veneziano and it has been a long time since ECM commercial machines were last seen in Australia.

I am glad that I resisted the temptation to sell my Veneziano S1 (1 of about 6 in the country) and upgrade to something else...Its a beautiful and functional piece of ECM workmanship!

regards

Chris

Since it looks unlikely Ill be able to get an ECM....

How does the VBM domobar super machine compare?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai link=1209112198/0#2 date=1209114834
    Since it looks unlikely Ill be able to get an ECM....

How does the VBM domobar super machine compare?
    The VBM is a fantastic machine and we have sold a heap of them to an army of happy CSers.

I still prefer the porting of the Giotto style steam wand, but otherwise the VBM is a category killer with the best internal build I have seen and amazing grunt!

The VBM is available with Vibe pump and tank (or vibe pump plumbed) with the option of volumetric touchpads.

Coming soon are rotary pump plumbed versions of both as well as a dual boiler PID version- also with tank and vibe or rotary plumbed. Plumbed versions are usually special order with 2-3 months lead time.

regards

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1209112198/0#1 date=1209112888
    I am glad that I resisted the temptation to sell my Veneziano S1 (1 of about 6 in the country)
    If you ever feel the urge to sell the S1 again, be sure to let me know ;) If you need some help to be tempted away from it, Ill do my best ;D