Thread: Pressure release Faema E98 Compact S1

Pressure release Faema E98 Compact S1

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Guys Im having a little problem with my Faema. Basically the pressure valve (or something) is playing up. Its doing something when on start up it reaches full pressure but an has enough pressure to pull a double, then when you go to use the steam wand, all pressure is released and the boiler has to come back up to pressure again. We had a guy look at it and mentioned that the valve was sticky, and not to worry about it too much, he mentioned that I should leave the steam nozzle open when I fire it up in the morning, and then shut it off once steam is being purged shut off the valve. This does work and purges the machine, but how normal is this? What should I do about it, get them to replace the mysterious valve or leave it be? Any advice would be much appreciate, or even insight as to what is actually happening would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Daniel

TC

Re: Pressure release Faema E98 Compact S1

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieDAN link=1217570981/0#0 date=1217570981
    Guys Im having a little problem with my Faema. Basically the pressure valve (or something) is playing up. Its doing something when on start up it reaches full pressure but an has enough pressure to pull a double, then when you go to use the steam wand, all pressure is released and the boiler has to come back up to pressure again. We had a guy look at it and mentioned that the valve was sticky, and not to worry about it too much, he mentioned that I should leave the steam nozzle open when I fire it up in the morning, and then shut it off once steam is being purged shut off the valve. This does work and purges the machine, but how normal is this? What should I do about it, get them to replace the mysterious valve or leave it be? Any advice would be much appreciate, or even insight as to what is actually happening would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Daniel
    It most likely needs a new anti-vac valve. Pedro of Coffeeparts will be able to supply one. Do purge the steam wand and allow it to come to pressure again when you texture milk or youll end up with a boiler of stale ricotta. Once the valve is replaced, all should be normal. Its a 30 sec bolt off/on job once you have access.

Good luck ;)

2mcm