Thread: Help desparetly needed!

Help desparetly needed!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

please be easy on me im new to the game of forums and coffee machines.

I purchased a Rancilio Z9 of ebay and paid $156 AUD i paid so little because the guy i bought it of paid the month before *$1000 but gave up when he himself couldnt get it working.

your probably thinking why did you buy it then? well when we went to have a look at it, the guy decided to show us how it didnt work but my husband noticed that the pump was making a loud grinding noise, and before i new i the machine was being shoved into the boot of my statesman, and home we go.

my hubby found the pump was jamed and fixed it leaving me with the machine, i pulled it apart cleaned it,and replaced gaskets and seals and started putting it back together,when i pulled it apart i drew diagrams of where wires went *(all the wires connected to the boiler element and to the brew group switches) because i have no electrical experience. good idea right!
    Wrong my hubby decided to clean the computer desk and threw them out thinking it was the kids scribbles.

i now dont know where these wires go, can anyone help me?

also my machine looks a little different to other machines out there on the market, and when i show the picture the common responce i get from repairers is sorry i cant help you.

my profile photo is my Z9, can anyone please help me?

Sally-Anne

Re: Help desparetly needed!

Hi Sally-Anne and welcome

With a bit of googling, I found this site has some wiring info but not sure it is useful and the full-size photos are no longer available. Google Rancilio Z9 and there are plenty of hits. You might try this page on the Rancilio site. It doesnt display your model but the wiring may be similar??

Another suggestion would be to try contacting Coffee parts one of the sponsors listed on the left. They may have something

Hi Flynnaus,

thank you for your reply, you know in all the times i have scanned the rancilio websit i had never come accross these pages you linked me to.

sorry to say though it didnt help me, the wireing diagram i need is for the 3 letre glass cylinder (brew group), this shocks people as they havent seen it before, and dont want to touch it.

coffeeparts.com.au is a great site and ive used them but when i sent a pic they couldnt help me further.

you would think that wires are pretty universal and red is for this so it goes there and blue is for that it gose here, but i guess its the knowlege on where the wire came from in the machine to know what is its purpose.

this is some pics of the switches and wires if anyone knows where they should go would be a god sent

sorry i had trouble resizing the pic and i couldt put more that one on the page.

this is the reverse of the same switches above

sorry to do this to you again but one more pic and thats it

these are the wires that need to go on pic two to operate pic one.

if anyone can talk me through what goes where ill be in you debt forever.

thanks
    Sally-Anne (Creamaccinos)

N.B.

Welcome Sally-Anne...... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

640x480 pixels (W x H) is our preferred maximum image size as anything larger can be difficult to view easily in most browsers and older monitors..... :( Plus, takes up more space on the CS servers too. Ive taken the liberty of resizing/cropping your images to fit within this frame....

If you are unsure about how to easily resize your images,
    this link will hopefully assist :).

Thanks,
    Mal.

[img]C:/\/Documents and Settings/\/saldar/\/My Documents/\/My Pictures/\/2008-10-16/\/102_4287.jpg[/img]

From what you have described I think then that the only people who might be able to help you would be Rancilio itself. You could try their Contact us. Tho we shouldnt give up on other CS having an answer.

Once again Flynnaus thank you

ill keep tinkering maybe ill get it by chance, the wires are shaped from the years of being in that position so if i try to put them to the peggy things the way it looks to i may just get it, hopeing though not to blow it up.

have contacted Rancilio by phone and email over the past 6 weeks but no one gets back to me.

ive just notice a moccapan badge on the machine, if it was service by them over the years they sould have a service history and know what goes where, im such an idiot why didnt i think of this eairlier, ive been stumpted on this and searching for say about 5 months.

still if anyone knows what wire goes where please help me

Thank You

Sally-Anne (Creamaccinos)

Hi Sally-Anne,

edit: Just realised you were after the glass brew group wiring not machine wiring. As a useful first step connect 240V to your husband and he wont clean up your stuff ever again [smiley=evil.gif] .

I havnt found any wiring diagrams for Z9s anywhere on the net either. If you know of a good electronics geek they would be able to help trace the wires and there position to avoid smoke coming out :-[

Mine is a standard one of these beasties in 2 group form. There is very little info available on them as they are now pushing 20 years old. Mine is just in the process of being stripped down so all the curent wiring is still intact. No photos at this stage but it can be arranged over the next couple of days.

I also have a few PDFs with some Z9 info, I will refind the links if I can and post them here or at a pinch I can email them but they are fairy large.

Download this file (It is 6.5Mb) http://www.iberital.com/iberital/MOL...20ORIGINAL.pdf Exploded view of a lot of early Z series and others.

Links to Z9 downloads on the Rancilio site http://www.rancilio.com/rancilio/dow...&id_language=3

best of luck with it.

BTW I paid $127 for mine ;)

Hi there Beanflying,

it so frustrating, but very tipical for me that i wold buy something that is so out there and rear to find things for it, i do it all the time with things.

i contacted mocopan who used to service this machine waitng for them to get back to me.

thanks for you help its great so may people are willing to help.

thanks again

sally-anne (creamaccinos)

Not that this will help you, but FWIW whenever I take anything apart I make a habit of taking photos of everything. Theres nothing to lose with digital shots. I try to do this under natural light so as to avoid the flash making colours look unnatural (or entirely washed out!). It all looks so simple and obvious when its all there but rarely is it so once its been pulled apart for a week and a thousand other thoughts have passed through your mind. Always do it from a few different angles - its surprising how often you need to check the position / colour / orientation of something you didnt even know existed when you took the photo and if you only have shots from one angle youll often be disappointed. I just hope someone can help you out who has one of these!

Hi greg Pullman,

your so right, and wouldnt you believe it i did just that but for fome reason i decided to draw where the wires went, i cant remember the reasoning behind it though, but im kicking myself, there are a couple of shots where you can kind of see it in the background but the more you zoom the more it picsulates and distorts.

im determind to get this baby up and running, im on the nescafe green blend instant at the moment, in need of a real coffee.

thank you again for your reply lets talk soon

Sally-Anne (creamaccinos)

youre on what!!!!!!!!!! at the moment!!!!!!!!!! Girl, get a grip, pull yourself together, ditch that junk refocus on the task at hand, the rancillio is a great machine and have a great reputation as well. what part of the country do you live in?

Ray.

what surprises me more than you having to resort to instant, is that you have instant coffee at home :o. And furthermore that green instant - NASTY - thats so brutal!

Get the machine fixed hahahaah!

DONT USE

hi sally - anne
    your machine looks like a rancilio Z9 - GRZ

the grz unit is for making filtered coffee

send me your email address so i can send you some info

graham

Hi there Roastalot,

i know instant coffee i got desperate the only coffe shop i could go to serves dirty dish water from their machine, i think instant coffee was my only option.

im in Victoria, but in the country, my partner says im to snoby for the country to want espresso coffee and that i should live closer to melbourne.

hosh posh to him his missing out.

OISmonkey.....my partners mother loves the green instant so to keep her visits happy.

this machine of mine will be i promise you up and running and producing the best bloody coffee, in wallan victoria Ha Ha Ha I had a laugh

hey guys thanks for helping me keep my eye on the prize im so greatful.

thanks again

Sally-Anne (creamaccinos)

Hi Sally-Anne, if you were a bit closer than a couple of thousand ks away i would have been more than happy to give you a hand with your rancillio, but alas 2000 ks is 2000ks and just a bit too far for dropping over. ha ha ha ha ha ha........ maybe there is someone closer?

Ray.

Hi there Ray,

thanks, i thought i might do an electrical diagram of where the wires are coming from and post it and hope somone might be able to finish the puzzle.

im so greatfull for everyones help, i wish i had friends like that here, good company is so hard to come by.

thanks again

sally-anne (creamaccinos)

A multi meter is a very useful tool if you know how to use one, it will virtually tell you which wire does what. Do you have a friend who knows their way around electrics and a multi meter?

Ray.

DONT USE

hi sally anne

have sent you some info

WARNING on label
    if you wire this unit up incorrectly, you will burn out the Electronic level control Box

Electricians and electrical friends are the main cause of damaged electricals and electronics in coffee machines

unless you know how the machine or system works, then the chances of wiring it correctly are very low

The brew unit has 3 switches for different water levels
    low - half & full

these 3 switches control the brew units inlet solenoid, which is controled by the electronic level control

have fun
    graham

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Graham,

i got your email package and the second picture was the wireing diagrm i needed, but guess what one of the wire clips a little loose and when putting the brass clip and wire back together the clip broke in two.

No biggy ill get another clip today after work and should have the machine working in time for my birthday tomorrow.

thats if this is all the machine needed, my partner was playing around with the machine yesterday while i was at work, his one of those sly like kids, if he breaks something he puts it back the way it was found and blames you when you discover it, saying "what did you do, you broke it?".

ill get back to you and let you know how i went.

thank you again everyone if not for you guys id still be getting nowhere but frustrated.

catch up soon

Thank you
    Sally-anne

Sounds like you are back on a winner again and things being well a decent coffee for your birthday :)

Hi guys,

well the best thing happened my machine is now working, bad news though my partner missplaced the shower head on the doser no birthday coffee
    now waiting on a replacment in the mail, could take one to two weeks oh no how will i survive any longer.

the point is all your work paid off and i found what i needed lets hopei can do the same for all you one day

thank you

sally-anne (Creamaccios)

Gday Sally-Anne,

Quote Originally Posted by creamaccinos link=1224337159/20#21 date=1224914399
    well the best thing happened my machine is now working
    Thats great news.... 8-)

bad news though my partner missplaced the shower head on the doser
    I think you need to look for a new partner..... Seriously ::)

Hope it all comes together for you ASAP so that you can start to enjoy your new gear. I guess youll have to resist the urge to keep polishing it until you can actually use it, hard to do I know ;)

Cheers,
    Mal.

Well done getting it going - pity you didnt get to use it very much - I see it is up on ebay! I have a search that sends emails for rancilio products, and I swear I have seen this machine sold about 5 times lately!!!