Thread: oscar down again!

oscar down again!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ah well, the teflon tape around the thread of the pressure relief valve seems to have given way again. Came home from work yesterday, OScars out of water light was on (i fill it every morning, so i knew something was wrong) and when i filled it again, steam started coming out of the bottom (near the thread) of the pressure release valve.

I did the same as last time, cleaned it up, wrapped some plumbers tape, and the problem still reoccurs. On closer examination, it appears there is a rubber gasket that is fitted to the bottom of the pressure relief valve that has come apart slightly at the edges. I am guessing this is likely the problem.

I think I will try to take it to veneziano tomorrow for a look see. THis sort of thing always happens when y ou have guests expected on the weekend :(

I know without knowing the exact problem, any guestimation is totally pie in the sky, but does anyone have an idea as to how long it would take to get looked at and fixed?

thanks,

raph.

Re: oscar down again!

hey raph
    give the Big V a call and ask to speak with craig the techie - if hes out they may give you his mobile no.

aaron

oscar dropped at veneziano. Spoke to craig on the phone. Very friendly and helpful.

My one lament, had no cash on me so didnt grab a coffee while i was down there. Will get one when I go to pick it up.

Its only after you take a machine somewhere to get serviced, as you are dropping it off, you realise that you wished youd cleaned it more before taking it there!

Shout out to CS sponsors Veneziano...

Turned out the pressure stat was stuffed which was why the pressure relief valve was doing what it was supposed to do.

New pressure stat, properly adjusted, my coffee is better than ever.

Also got to try a coffee at first pour this time. Now i have a goal coffee to work to. Thanks guys :D

hey raph
    glad that craig took good care of you. hes great like that

cheers
    aaron

:-?Sirai pressurestat Raphec?

not sure which one he put in it. Apparently the one that was in it, was the wrong one, not a correct oscar one full stop.

as an addendum, i suspect the pressure stat has been nqr since the day i got it, as the coffee i was getting was good, but the coffee i am getting now is almost sublime...

:D

Newer Oscars are fitted with the Sirai, pressurestats fitted to earlier Oscars proved troublesome so they went to the Sirai. I was curious if yours had the Sirai and it to was also playing up.
    BTW you took Oscar to the right place Veneziano know how to get the most out of them.