Thread: Honey, I Cafettod the Classic

mjs

Honey, I Cafettod the Classic

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Had a Gaggia Classic for just over a year now and its been good. I did the Silvia wand mod some time ago and that was good as well, but usage has been a bit slow over the last month. Probably due in part to purchasing some pretty average beans from some joint in Nth Fitzroy while ago.

From time to time Ive done the rudimentary de-scaling thing by flushing with stuff in the water tank, however yesterday I finally bit the bullet and got a Caffetto Barista kit from Veneziano Caffe along with some quantity of both their Forza and Veneziano Estate blends.

So on with the blind filter and back flushing, cleaned around the group head and the group seal, then soaked the pf and other bits in cleaning solution. Couple of shots to get it back up and running, and voila, the best milk coffee Ive had from the machine ever. Initially had a bit of an issue with the group seal sealing properly but that has settled down.

Not really sure how much gunk came out in the back flushing, but the soaking certainly cleaned up the pf and the filter baskets. In terms of results, I cant recommend the barista kit highly enough. Love the Forza as well

*;D *;D *;D *;D

Site Sponsor

Re: Honey, I Cafettod the Classic

Hey mjs,

Your post reminded me of a mates Classic. I think hed owned it for about 4 years in London(without a clean). I showed him how to clean it. When I saw the state of his dispersion disk, I had to take a photo.

For those with a weak constitution, I warn you, read no further. DO NOT scroll down.

Are you sure?

Ok here it is:

mjs

In my case the machine is about 3yo, I got it second hand 12 mths ago, but it hadnt been used much. Ive been cleaning regularly but this was the first use of the Cafetto cleaning powder with a blind filter. So, mines nothing like the photo !!

Malcolm

This might be a dumb question...but where is the dispersion disc?

Site Sponsor

Its the bit that drops out when you unscrew the screw on the bottom of the group head.

charlie

OMG