Thread: EM 6910 Pull Apart and Give Away

EM 6910 Pull Apart and Give Away

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have a 6910 the steam thermo block is broke and not working, so I upgraded to a HX machine, anyway, I have promised the PF to some one already. If you need spare parts from the machine then let me know, Ill pull them off it and mail them to you, first in best dressed. So if you want something off it let me know, a good description and possibly a picture of the item where you find it would be handy so I can pull it out. Every thing on the machine works except the steam wand thermo block.

PS I am going away from the 19 to the 31st, it will be after christmass when I can pull it apart, unless its the easy to get off with out to much effort.

A_M

Re: EM 6910 Pull Apart and Give Away

Quote Originally Posted by fishinglizard1972 link=1229244860/0#0 date=1229244860
    I have a 6910 the steam thermo block is broke and not working, so I upgraded to a HX machine, anyway, I have promised the PF to some one already. *If you need spare parts from the machine then let me know, Ill pull them off it and mail them to you, first in best dressed. *So if you want something off it let me know, a good description and possibly a picture of the item where you find it would be handy so I can pull it out. *Every thing on the machine works except the steam wand thermo block.

PS I am going away from the 19 to the 31st, it will be after christmass when I can pull it apart, unless its the easy to get off with out to much effort.
    I would be interested in the drip tray and the top as well as the collar ....

Am looking at rebuilding the old RED unit I use at work.... * *As the RED ones are painted it goes dull and looks a bit worn over time... The collar is also been abused so looking to extend it for a bit before getting a new one..

Have sent a PM.. As could also use some other bits.

Thanks for the interest its going going gone.

A public thank you to FishingLizard (aka Santa Claus) for his generous donation of the portafilter to the Hoyks Coffee Improvement Society - it is very much appreciated!

(:-* on the cheek)

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 222D372C2D2A23282D3E253620757D7376440 link=1229244860/2#2 date=1229340343
    Thanks for the interest its going going gone.
    Arrived...

Where did you say you were located :o

Covers off and the;

1: Si Tubing is BROWN and lots of scale.. :o
    2: Shower screen - Blocked and lots of Brown gunk :-X
    3: Steam Thermo block is Blocked :-X
    4: Anti Calk filter - Original :-?
    5: Collar is well worn ;D
    6: Steam Tip ... Not saying ::)
    6: Powers up OK 8-)

I am soaking and will pull down and see what I can learn..

Thanks FL... While I doubt it is worth rebuilding ( Built 49th week 2006) it will provide some interesting training and a chance to mod..

I have any number of pumps from other SB and other smaller systems.. If I can get the Steam thermo block cleared (as well as all the other stuff) I will look to see what different pumps might make to the steam function.

Will keep you informed...

PS. All in all, with some TLC and water management it could have lasted you a bit longer ;D

Take care...

Mark

A_M

Well after some heavy cleaning - an ultra sonic bath, soaking and a vacuum running over night; I have had some success.

1: Shower screens are now Good
    2: Pressure through the Group Head and HW spout is good..
    3: Drilled out the steam tip
    4: Vacuum applied to the bottom of the Steam thermo block and steam pathway (approx 12 hrs) and some previous syringe work up from both sides; has broken some of the crap down and we have a small pathway that breaks vacuum.

Steam is now available in drips and drabs but not enough to blow out a candle.

Some more cleaning fluid to be forced into the Steam wand and steam thermoblock, with some pumping action; should see a clean pathway by this afternoon.

Next stage is to replace the SI tubing and do some testing.

From there some pump mods.... If I can find a way to up the steam pressure (Wetness may be an issue, as do not have the code for the timing control- but could add in a manual timing cct - did the same to my EM4800l) then the EM6910 may be able to get away from the perception that the steam is not good enough..

Stay tuned.

DONT USE

hi am
    if yousoak the silicone tube in descale it will usually return it to new

be aware that the higher wattage pump, may damage the electronics

graham

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 3F3021590 link=1229244860/6#6 date=1232238823
    hi am
    if yousoak the silicone tube in descale it will usually return it to new

be aware that the higher wattage pump, may damage the electronics

graham
    Thanks Graham... Well aware and have been looking at specs and other options.. At this stage there is a great pump with all the same specs, except that it has a 20% flow rate increase.. Prob is getting a couple to try from china... Note: There is a Ulka OPV on this steam line at the top of the pump and that also has to be taken into consideration..

Have also sound proofed and added water protect cover to the cct board... System is about 40% quieter...

Steam is almost fixed, but still more back pressure than my good system. Some more cleaning yet...

Descaler etc gets $$$$ after a while ;)

DONT USE

also if you increase water flow you will need to increase temp, otherwise you will have a very wet froth flying out of the jug
    graham

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 2926374F0 link=1229244860/8#8 date=1232241820
    also if you increase water flow you will need to increase temp, otherwise you will have a very wet froth flying out of the jug
    graham
    Well aware of any number of *"catch you by the pants..." *Issues...

Thus as this system was basicly DEAD (Thanks FL) it is affording me the chance to play... *With the knowledge that nothing ventured nothing gained.

Biggest issues for EM6910 users..

1: Steam is a bit down
    2: Gauge is all over the place
    3: Noise

Thus if I can come up with a simple but working mod (Low $$) then others may be in a position to extend the userbility and save for upgradeitis...

NOTE: Other than new style lugs of the Group Handel ( Tapered Vs the current step) and different base metal in the collar... *Nothing I can do about that problem...

A_M

Steam is now working :D

However the system is in lots of parts and I am returning to work :(

So I guess it will be a bit of a project and am waiting on further parts to allow me to mod the steam pump... So it could be awhile yet before I have any thing more to say on this one...

FL... Thanks again...

PS: Have sent e-mail to the other CS who was after the Top and Drip tray... As yet no response..

49th week in 06 I didnt think it was that old. I knew it would be pretty dirty, my isomac doesnt receive the same abuse. Hoyks didnt comment on what the plastic thing in the pf looked like, I imagine it would have been pretty rancid. The water quality here is pretty good. That machine lived in a couple of towns though. Arent you glad you didnt pay a couple of hundred on ebay for it!!!

Hi FL

Actually, it wasnt too bad when I took out the Graeme (the black plastic thing), so you must have rinsed it pretty well each time - definitely not extremely caked up: some residue, but no where near as bad as the one that was taken apart originally on this site and it was fairly easy to clean off with a metal pot scourer.

Once again, a huge thank you!

Cheers
    Di