Thread: Gaggia Classic- recent purchasers

Gaggia Classic- recent purchasers

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys,

I just got a Gaggia Classic from Myers... Just a quick question to anyone who has purchased one recently...
    Do they tend to come with plastic wrapped all around them?
    For example- when we tend to buy electronics products made in Australia they usually have foam paper and plastic, and instruction manuals would be in plastic too.

I am a bit concerned this machine was either a display model or a refund as there was only the top and bottom styrofoam in the box, the blue sticker on the cup warmers was kinda peeling off, and Im not sure if there was finger prints on it or if I did that but it kinda looks like it has been wiped down.

I also did not receive an instructional DVD as some others have mentioned.

Re: Gaggia Classic- recent purchasers

HELLOOOOO......

This will tell you 1000% if it was a demo.. I HOPE IT"S NOT. :)

1. You should have a protective blue plastic cover on the drip tray. If its missing thats wierd.

2. You can take a wet paper towel and rub it inside the grouphead. Residue and grinds will always
    be there if it was used even cleaned. However, they could have done a bang up job.

3. Lastly, this is a definite.....When the factory ships them they test them and water sometimes is
    visible or usage that is. However, no grounds and oils should show.
    If you remove the shower screen with a star screw driver you can look at the underside of the
    shower screen and see if its dirty with oil residue. Also look at the shower screen holder which
    is what it was attached too...that will say 100% if it was demo. It will show on the aluminum
    shower screen holder. You will see definite usage. This is what a new shower screen holder
    looks like. see google link

One user has shown pictorials of the underside....you can see obvious usage. Do a comparison.
    Basically if you find any grounds whatsoever. Its used. There is no way possible to remove all the
    grounds. You will find a tiny bit if it was used.

http://images.google.com/images?q=gaggia%20shower%20screen%20holder&sourcei d=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3DVFC_enUS253US253&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bluebox.com.au/jcrayon/gaggia/10-reattach-screen-holder.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bluebox.com.au/jcrayon/gaggia/&usg=__zAzH0uupcWkEHQRz2vzMP1lTW7o=&h=267&w=400&sz =15&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=81P6l8TjRGWIQM:&tbnh= 83&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgaggia%2Bshower%2Bscreen%2Bholder%26u m%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1B3DVFC_enUS253US253%26sa% 3DN

ps.

if i can find it..ill mail you mine if you really want it...

wow, thank you very much for that.

i removed the shower screen with a phillips (star? I had a laugh) screw driver and it looked nice and clean... however as I was putting it back i realised the stupid plastic milk frother attachment is missing!
    it didnt have the protective blue sticker on the drip tray either, only the cup warmer area.

i am assuming that (a) they either showed someone instore and took it out and didnt put everything back in the right places, took off the drip tray protector (wtf for???) or (b) someone purchased it, took it out of the box etc, then retured it for some reason. or (c) it was a display model

either way I have to take it back and exchange it because of the missing peices but I am really really annoyed now. *sigh*

Take it back and ask for an unopened box. Dont tamper with it any more, otherwise they may refuse to take it back. It may have been returned by another customer. In that case, it should be properly re-packaged, or priced accordingly.

Thanks guys, I forgot to post back.
    I managed to swap it over a couple days before Christmas, and the guy opened and inspected a new one in store and it had the missing parts.
    Well except for the instructional DVD. Will be trying youtube, to find the videos *fingers crossed*