Thread: Siliva boiler trouble

Siliva boiler trouble

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,
    I have a Silvia. Today when I got home from work I turned it on.. and a large bang was heard. So I pulled its top off to see if I could see what happened, and there is a hole in the boiler next to the ceramic insulator that goes around the end of the heating element. Im assuming that this is fatal.

I have a couple of questions about the boiler/element. Firstly, is it possible to replace just the element? It looks like it comes as one piece but Id like to be wrong.

Secondly - where can I get the boiler rebuild kit for a 240v silvia? I had a look on the internet already and I can only find 110v kits.

Thanks

TC

Re: Siliva boiler trouble

Quote Originally Posted by doommachine link=1229847676/0#0 date=1229847676
    Hi guys,
    I have a Silvia. Today when I got home from work I turned it on.. and a large bang was heard. So I pulled its top off to see if I could see what happened, and there is a hole in the boiler next to the ceramic insulator that goes around the end of the heating element. Im assuming that this is fatal.

I have a couple of questions about the boiler/element. Firstly, is it possible to replace just the element? It looks like it comes as one piece but Id like to be wrong.

Secondly - where can I get the boiler rebuild kit for a 240v silvia? I had a look on the internet already and I can only find 110v kits.

Thanks
    Hi DM, Sorry to hear of your loss

<<<<<<<< CS sponsor Coffee Parts will sell you a new boiler and ship express post, so if you order one, it will most likely arrive on Tuesday if you live in a metro area. Search on Silvia repair and you will find some good resources to assist you.

Good luck!

Chris

Re: Siliva boiler trouble

Di Bartoli, over there on the left, also list the Silvia boiler on there spare parts page.