Without the specs of the so called Surge protector... I can not comment other than... No surge protector is going to do what you think it is.. In general they are a rough Over voltage protector that may smooth but at best tend to filter high frequency etc etc.Originally Posted by 0B213A2D2F332533400 link=1233460198/0#0 date=1233460198
The only way is to use a TRUE ON LINE UPS... Not a normal UPS as they are not much more than a Surge and brown out protector.
In a true on line UPS you system is always driven by an inverter. Thus the raw AC in charges a Battery and that battery system ( all sorts of config) then drives an inverter ( 24 or 12 to 240) to drive your equipment.
However a direct lighting strike or Transformer blowing up near you can always cause things to fry and destroy your system. Only true protection is to un plug and turn off.