Thread: Silvia - best place to buy from?

VC

Silvia - best place to buy from?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Im in the market for a new Silvia and would like some recommendations about the best place in Sydney to buy one from. mod edit commercial site removed

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal? It doesnt have to be a physical store in Sydney. Online from around the country is fine with me unless someone wants to advise against it. (Silvias are pretty reliable, right?)

Cheers.

<Sorry, Mods... shouldve been more familiar with the issue about mentioning sites, etc.>

TC

Re: Silvia - best place to buy from?

Quote Originally Posted by 091C5F0 link=1234692388/0#0 date=1234692388
    Im in the market for a new Silvia and would like some recommendations about the best place in Sydney to buy one from. mod edit commercial site removed

Does anyone know if I can get a better deal? It doesnt have to be a physical store in Sydney. Online from around the country is fine with me unless someone wants to advise against it. (Silvias are pretty reliable, right?)

Cheers.
    Hi VC,

Price may not be the only thing to consider. Keep in mind that a bench test is desirable and most sponsors will include deeper filter baskets, blind filter, backwash detergent, coffee and most importantly will be there to support you as you learn your machine as well as providing service.

Buy a box and you can expect to get what you pay for. Might also be worth having a refesher read over site sales and posting policy as well... ;)

Happy shopping ;)

VC

Thanks for the tips.

Just curious - what sort of support might come in handy post-sale? Its just that I don;t think there are any stockists near where I live (Hornsby) as far as I know and itd be pretty difficult to get to stores in the flesh unless I really needed to (eg. faults, etc.). Wondering how much I am likely to make use of it?

Silvias are very reliable and built like a tank. I wouldnt expect you would need to make use of the warranty, but that said, never say never. Site sponsors are very supportive and Ive seen many tales of sponsors going a long way out of their way to help a buyer with a problem. Ive had one for about 4 years and never had an issue.

However the biggest area where a sponsor would help is getting the best results from your machine. Silvias are finicky when it comes to getting the best and having someone spend time showing you how to do it is well worth the effort of contacting someone who knows their stuff.

Dont forget about the grinder - no point in buying a Silvia and using a crap grinder.