Thread: Replacement 6910... am I being too picky?

Ali

Replacement 6910... am I being too picky?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Last week I received a replacement 6910 because the service agent could not remove the collar to replace it,

I was excited, got it out of the box and when I set it up on the bench I was a little disappointed with the finish of the top of the machine.

Basically there is a faint mark on the face of the machine, just below the program button and tiny bubbles in the coating around the right of the program button.

Then on the top of the machine there are small lumps in the coating on the top right hand side.

I called Sunbeam and they asked me to email photos to them, which I did . Theyve now said that the photos dont show in detail what Ive described and I should take it to the Service Agent for assessment.

I dont remember my previous machine having these things wrong with it, but am I being too picky? Should I just live with it as? Anyone else having these marks on their machine?

Re: Replacement 6910... am I being too picky?

Cant hurt to try I suppose. Its not like coffee machines are free so if youre not happy you shouldnt feel bad for asking. Perhaps you could post the pics here for us to have a gander at?

A_M

Last week I received a replacement 6910 because the service agent could not remove the collar to replace it,
    Could not remove the collar ??? Your in Brisbane are you not ?

Basically there is a faint mark on the face of the machine, just below the program button and tiny bubbles in the coating around the right of the program button.

Then on the top of the machine there are small lumps in the coating on the top right hand side.
    Care to take a good pic and upload ?
    I

I dont remember my previous machine having these things wrong with it, but am I being too picky? *Should I just live with it as? Anyone else having these marks on their machine?
    Is it a Silver or a RED ? Depending on the blemishes it could be minor OR lead to further issues down the track...

You should treat it as if you were choosing in a shop I think. Dont compromise just because it is a replacement. Remember, you have had the hassle of having to replace a fault. Good luck.

I know this sounds possibly silly, and is only a suggestion, but is there a clear plastic coating on the machine that needs to be removed?

Im trying to remember whether my machine had the protective stretchy plastic stuff and something makes me think it did but, the older Im getting, the more my memory is fading...

Probably on the completely wrong track, though!

::)

Ali

AM - Im in NSW and its a silver machine.

Here are a couple of pics. *I dont know how well theyll show what Im talkng about. Ive never posted pics on here before so sorry if theyre too big or too small.

Ali

The first one shows the mark under the program button - its kind of dark grey and goes diagonally., the second shows the strange coating and this one is supposed to show the bumps in the coating...

Nope, definitely not a plastic protective coating!

Id go with taking it to the service agent and have them look at it. Im with the others above, you paid good money for the first one so you should expect the same quality as if youd just got it from the shop. Youd take it back, I would expect, if youd paid for it, so dont feel as though youre being too picky.

And whats the worst that can happen? If they say, too bad, youve lost nothing for bringing it to their attention and the best case scenario would be that you get a machine that youre happy with. I dont think they would knock you back, though - it looks like an obvious bubbling in the paint fault to me.

Maybe someone in the sweatshop was half asleep and drooling when they were painting it? ;)

A_M

Item 1: I could live with...

Item 2: Thats a bit rough

Item 3: Pic does not fully demonstrate the problem.

I would return for Assessment.... However, if they can not remove a Collar.... Then one might want to hold your breath....

Location was one of identifying if it was my local SB agent.. Thankfully NOT :)

The other was, if local; then would have been happy to take a personal look.. Dont think you want to pay 4 me to come and have a look ;D

Keep us informed.. Best of luck and be firm but not aggressive...

AM

Ali

Thanks guys. I will take it in and see what they say. Its more of the hassle of finding time to take the machine in during opening hours.

Ali

Well I took it to the agent and he said that it was onlyvery minor and he didnt think it needed replacing. *sigh*

So I bit the bullet and used it today.

Have the baskets changed? They seem to have a ridge on them now and also the group seal is bright blue?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 133E3B520 link=1235445664/10#10 date=1236138610
    Well I took it to the agent and he said that it was onlyvery minor and he didnt think it needed replacing. *sigh*
    You tried...

So I bit the bullet and used it today.
    So do you have any record / documentation, so that if it get worse... You have evidence that the SB agent was aware and had previously given it the OK ?

Have the baskets changed? *They seem to have a ridge on them now and also the group seal is bright blue?
    Compared to what ? The EM6900 - YES

Ali

Quote Originally Posted by 4E61686A7D426E616E686A626A617B0F0 link=1235445664/11#11 date=1236152620
    So do you have any record / documentation, so that if it get worse... You have evidence that the SB agent was aware and had previously given it the OK ?
    Only the emails I sent to the customer service centre and the reply I got. I"ll print them out and make a note of my conversation with the agent.

Compared to what ? *The EM6900 *- *YES
    Compared to my 6910 - my baskets had a smooth curved edge to them. These ones are flatter and have a ridge on them. Ill take a photo in the morning and show you what I mean.