Thread: Storage of Silvia and Rocky

Storage of Silvia and Rocky

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have recently acquired a new Giotto PP and Macap M4D. The learning curve is steep but I shall get there in the end with a first class shot and silky microfoam!

Until I consider myself expert with the new gear I shall retain the Silvia+Rocky as standby. But I need to store them in the garage [damn that garage is getting full]. I presume I need to completely empty the boiler of the Silvia as it may be sitting there for months. How do I get all the water out?

Thanks

Re: Storage of Silvia and Rocky

a) I dont really see how you can (empty the boiler etc). You just put it away. But you could run a descale and clean before putting it away, and again when it comes out of hibernation.

b) If you mastered the operation of the Silvia then you should have absolutely no problem with the semi commercial as they are a lot more forgiving to the operator than a Silvia. Really, all you need do is work out the best setting for the machine with the M4D, and thats just fiddling around for a while seeing what happens to the brew as you change the grinder settings.

My advice therefore would be to just move it (Silvia) on. Do you keep your old tennis racket as a standby when you buy a much better one?

Kind regardz,
    Attilio
    original CS site sponsor, and
    purveyor of common sense advice.

A_M

If all else fails...

Get access to the boiler and siphon it out or use a big syringe and some tubing to get most of it out... Then leave it open for a few days to dry out...

Quote Originally Posted by 46726573685F436F66666565000 link=1238303686/1#1 date=1238374323
    a)

My advice therefore would be to just move it (Silvia) on. Do you keep your old tennis racket as a standby when you buy a much better one?

Kind regardz,
    Attilio
    original CS site sponsor, and
    purveyor of common sense advice.
    I agree, sort out your grind settings and you wont look back, there are plenty of CSers out there waiting for your Silvia to go in the for sale section. You will have the bonus of more space in your garage!!