Thread: PID my Silvia

PID my Silvia

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys Im new and have just purchased a Silvia- which my wife wont let me use for a couple weeks tip my birthday( its killing me :-X) buy have heard a bit about these PID kits. What do the exactly do and should I get one?? What brands good etc.

Thanks guys.... Heres hoping I dont get busted using my Silvia b4 my birthday :D

TC

Re: PID my Silvia

Quote Originally Posted by 6F6F6F616D64646767020 link=1239010660/0#0 date=1239010660
    Hey guys Im new and have just purchased a Silvia- which my wife wont let me use for a couple weeks tip my birthday( its killing me :-X) buy have heard a bit about these PID kits. What do the exactly do and should I get one?? What brands good etc.

Thanks guys.... Heres hoping I dont get busted using my Silvia b4 my birthday *:D

Hi mmmcoffee...

There are a whole heap of happy CSers with the S3DC kit from PIDkids who are a site sponsor. Jim also has an April special running at: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1164285573/4#4

Keep in mind that if you modify your Silvia while its under warranty, you will most likely no longer have a warranty! Id recommend that you at least chat to your dealer first...

Good luck ;)

2mcm

Hi mmmcoffee,
    Im one of the happy ones with a S3DC PID kit from Jim in the States.
    I bought it about the middle of last year when our dollar was about the same as the US dollar. Pity its not that now.
    Best thing I ever did for Silvia. Forget temp surfing forever and the steaming capability is far better than on the standard machine. Makes Silvia a joy to use.
    Highly recommended.

Cheers,
    Alan

I am another happy customer an S3DC kit from Jims company in the states (http://pidkits.com). *A PID is a serious upgrade and really non-trivial - there is a certain amount of risk involved. *However, if you can follow instructions and are somewhat mechanical - Jims kits are the best. *High grade materials, a terrific set of instructions (I printed the whole thing out), everything is cut, counted, measured, and it goes together great. *It can take 3-4 hours.

Ther results are just as described above. *Very consistent shots, and even tho I didnt opt for steam control, I benefit from knowing the steam temp and can find the optimum temp to begin steaming for much improved frothing. *Excellent product!