Thread: Recommended espresso machine

Recommended espresso machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone,

I have been looking to upgrade for a fully automatic espresso machine to replace a Breville machine I bought a few years ago. *I have heard from a few sources that the newly designed Saeco machines are the best in the $800 - $1,200 range (even a salesperson in an appliance store in Italy that sold many brands told me so). *However, I am not sure what to do, and the new models from Saeco look good, but I am concerned with their build quality.

I would appreciate any recommendations of other fully automatic machines, or even confirmation that the Saeco machines are excellent. *I may not be familiar with other models available, so any help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Re: Recommended espresso machine

You should always perform a use and taste test on several brands that includes Saeco, Jura, ect

With regards to reliability
    May I ask why you are choosing a fully automatic machine as more working & moving parts lend themselves to a component failure no matter how well a machine is made

KK

Hi KK,

I have company over on a regular basis, and the time it takes to prepare for one espresso, then clean and start over again, is just not convenient any longer.

I tasted an espresso from the new Saeco machine, and it was quite good, but the Saeco store told me that they do not recommend that black beans be used as they are very oily and will "clog" the machine. They also told me that some brown beans are stronger than some black beans.

Anyways, I would love to taste an espresso from any other recommended brand, so any help would be welcome.

Thanks again.

Andrea8 where are you?

Hi T,

I am in Montreal, Canada.

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by 78575D4B5C5801390 link=1240752014/4#4 date=1240754096
    Hi T,

I am in Montreal, Canada.

Andrea
    That will make it a little difficult, as 98% of the members to this site are Australian :) Im sure youll find many people willing to provide machine recommendations, but sadly no recommedations for where to buy them!
    Take a peek at the Buying Advice forum on home-barista.com - a number of Canadians frequent the site and should be able to provide you with some local suggestions.

Grant

Similarly looking to get a new machine (Melbourne Location)

The question I would like to answer is ... Is the Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine the best buy for machines <$1000..?

Some of my fav coffee places have brands I have never seen before.. currently using a flatmates Saeco Via Venezia but think that id like to get something different.

Thoughts, comments suggestions?

Similarly looking to get a new machine (Melbourne Location)

The question I would like to answer is ... Is the Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine the best buy for machines <$1000..?

Some of my fav coffee places have brands I have never seen before.. currently using a flatmates Saeco Via Venezia but think that id like to get something different.

Thoughts, comments suggestions?

Dont for get to allow for a grinder ;)

Problem is to make significant improvement over a Silvia then you need to spend closer to $1500 so the Silvia is great value.

Avoid Saeco or most Autos for that matter. And with my flame suit on the Sunbeam 6910 (semi auto) has its good points but with some reliability issues too.

A mate has an auto and when it is working it makes an ok coffee but it heads in for service twice a year.

it simply comes down to why you want it... ease & speed or quality coffee. Automatic will never give you quality, but will deliver ease.
    The other issue as mentioned is reliability of machine- also issues for automatic.
    As for bang for buck... Silvia will deliver much better than almost all for the price. however it can be a little difficult to master, but once mastered cant beat. but if its going to be used by everyone and your up for speed, then may not be the machine your after.
    The Sunbeam 6910 might be better, with usability and speed.

just need to decide on what you are after- speed and ease or quality. :)

i agree beanflying- make sure you get a quality grinder!!

Lots of our sponsors sell a Silvia and Rocky combo for around $1200. Awesome combo!! ;D ;D

I have to go along with Beanflying and mmmcoffee, stay away from the fully Autos--convenience but average coffee, lots of service costs. A Silvia/Rocky combo would give you the tools to produce great coffee and they are built to last with a little TLC.