Thread: ascaso Dream - good? bad?

ascaso Dream - good? bad?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey, im new here, and well was wondering, what peoples opinions of the ascaso dream espresso machine. Was thinking of getting one, and yeah wanted to know how it faired. Pretty new to the whole coffee thing, this would probably be my first espresso machine.

thanks in advance.

A_M

Re: ascaso Dream - good? bad?

Quote Originally Posted by 404C4A442D0 link=1241358790/0#0 date=1241358790
    Hey, im new here, and well was wondering, what peoples opinions of the ascaso dream espresso machine. Was thinking of getting one, and yeah wanted to know how it faired. Pretty new to the whole coffee thing, this would probably be my first espresso machine.

thanks in advance.
    Reads like a *standard Appliance rather than a real cooffee machine... To me..

With out knowing what you want, wher you want it, what you intend to make and how many etc etc... it could be an over kill but more like trouble...

I would go and read more of the post here... And then come back with some more questions..

Where do you get your beans from and what Grinder do you have ?

1: *http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1224157582/42#42

2: *http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1241322548/2#2

3: *http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1241181862/4#4

4: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1241165108/3#3

Read most of them, i see the importance in the grinder now hahaha, if its not fine enough, it doesnt create the optimum espresso, with the incorrect grinder i could also potentially damage the beans. Im pretty much new to making coffee, and wanted to try and make it myself. The Ascaso Dream, looks decent to me, though of course i wouldnt have the same experience as you guys. Heres a link http://www.ascaso.com/cafe/2005/eng_cafe05/dream.html

As to the question before about number of drinks per day, not many, probably 2-4 per day. Coffee beans, not too sure, seems from the posts ive read, fresh is best, so probably have a look around for some local roasters. Recommendations would be great, for machines, grinder or beans. Thanks in advance

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6864626C050 link=1241358790/2#2 date=1241438838
    Read most of them, i see the importance in the grinder now hahaha, if its not fine enough, it doesnt create the optimum espresso, with the incorrect grinder i could also potentially damage the beans. Im pretty much new to making coffee, and wanted to try and make it myself. The Ascaso Dream, looks decent to me, though of course i wouldnt have the same experience as you guys. Heres a link *********

As to the question before about number of drinks per day, not many, probably 2-4 per day. Coffee beans, not too sure, seems from the posts ive read, fresh is best, so probably have a look around for some local roasters. Recommendations would be great, for machines, grinder or beans. Thanks in advance
    With out knowing where you located... *Update your profile would be great.. (CS moderators should make the a mandatory field)

That web site is a right BIt#$ *all bling and fancy crap and little that was use full. *Graphic artiest web developer with little understanding of bandwith and or what a user might be looking for.. *Focused on the Management looking after the product (internal) rather that functionality and usefullness for teh potential end user... End of WEB rant.

1: Boiler or thermoblock type ? * If not boiler, then for PODS :-(

I would contact the sponsors via their group e-mail; as can be found at the bottom L/H side of teh home page...

You will need to give them some details as to; usage / types of drinks / where your at (water quality / who might be using it etc..

Dont forget.... THE GRINDER will make or break what ever you choose.

PS. Welcome to CS...

Sorry, im in Sydney, NSW. True it is spammed by unnecessary spam. Boiler machine. 16 bar pump, 1050W, 8kg, 1.3 litres. Read the product manual from their website. No idea what that all means hahaha. Grinder, how much is a decent grinder? Thanks

Hi [ESPer] and welcome to CS!

Have sent you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 373B3D335A0 link=1241358790/4#4 date=1241440234
    Grinder, how much is a decent grinder?
    How much have you got? ;)

I saw a couple of those machines in for repair just the other week.
    They seem a bit flimsy to me.

As youre in Sydney you could start by contacting Di Bartoli.
    They have quite a few machines set up for you to try not just look at.

Quote Originally Posted by 0C302D363C3D2A3F373C580 link=1241358790/6#6 date=1241441409
    I saw a couple of those machines in for repair just the other week.
    Im glad you said that.

Hahaha not too sure, probably around 300, though if its going to break down on me in less then 2 years, i might spend a bit more. any recommendations? hmm alot in repair, doesnt sound too good, any other recommendations on alternatives? thanks

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 44484E40290 link=1241358790/8#8 date=1241441883
    Hahaha not too sure, probably around 300, though if its going to break down on me in less then 2 years, i might spend a bit more. any recommendations? hmm alot in repair, doesnt sound too good, any other recommendations on alternatives? thanks
    If your thinking of teh Grinder... It should last you at least two - 3 years with min user maintenance EASILY..

That machine your looking at and many others, will not make 6 months without some TLC..

1: EM 6910 Vs Silvia (plenty of discussions on the forum)
    2: Specials to be had and sponsors already in contact with you... Plenty in Sydney... Not like Brisbane :( I like looking a BLING and new stuff...

As my wife says... " Ya get what ya pay for.. Cheep is cheep, somewhere along the line, so dont come winging to me... " ;D

I remind her that she was not cheep, so where is teh Quality :D Needless to say, I am full of appologies, after I pick myself up off the floor :o

Dont rush in... The sponsor here; are Here to Stay and no matter which one ya go with... They tend to be well above par with after sales support..

Hahaha thanks, hmm i guess before i buy, id better look around a bit more, guess the ascaso is a no go then :( , dang it looked good hahaha

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7975737D140 link=1241358790/10#10 date=1241444779
    Hahaha thanks, hmm i guess before i buy, id better look around a bit more, guess the ascaso is a no go then *:( , dang it looked good hahaha
    Looks are not every thing..

Many things in life look pretty but are in fact not able to function as expected or are just a waste of money...

If you after a Quick cheep appliance... then there are many supermarkets and chain stores that will and can provide you with an options of pretty things... Some are not bad... BUT..... At the end of the day, they are not responsible for training or ongoing support..

The people here and teh sponsors are about ongoing support and a better understanding about coffee etc....

It is a life long commitment, not just a fling.

AM