Thread: Anyone got a dead Gaggia? I need a part!

Anyone got a dead Gaggia? I need a part!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Howdy,

Stupidly, whilst cleaning the aluminium shower screen holder for my Gaggia Baby D, I mangled it, and now it wont fit back into its recessed area... TVM electronics, apparently SAs only Gaggia parts supplier LIED to me saying they had one in the post, today, on the phone they tell me they dont even have an E.T.A for the arrival of any stock of the part in the whole country... So there I was thinking I was going to be machine-less for a week, now itll be some unknown period of time...

I was wondering if anyone would happen to have some parts lying around, or a dead machine they could salvage the part from... Id be happy to pay $15 for the part (which sells new for something like $16 and also pay for express postage)

Any assistance in getting my machine back on the road sooner than no E.T.A. would be MUCH appreciated.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth

PS I stupidly melted it, I clean my filter baskets and shower screen over a flame, and tried it with the aluminium part... It ended up beautifully clean, but had expanded from the fire... or something. I tried forging it in there with the part red hot and a hammer, but Im too scared of causing damage to something else by persisting with that method.

PPS Apparently ALL Gaggias have the same part, regardless of model.. Im not sure about the commercial ones, but I suppose itd be all with a 58mm PF

Re: Anyone got a dead Gaggia? I need a part!

hi
    i also needed a shower screen holder for my deluxe (initially i was told by gaggia to go to iversons electronics in unley). i then rang mother company shriro (1300766066)and went through to their spare parts and armed with visa got one sent to me straight from the source for around $12
    it did take about a week or so to arrive though (but it did cut out the middleman - it is just where the electronic shops order it from but without the lag time)
    if you can hang out for your fix for that long....

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the advice! Called Shriro, apparently they cant sell to the public anymore and according to the servicing guy, TVM did order the part on the 15th, but upon myself speaking to them on the 17th, they allegedly had no ETA of ever getting the part in... :-? People confuse me.

I think Ill deal with Iversons after this deal with TVM is over, TVM repaired my machine once before, and had it for 2 1/2 months before I got it back. They didnt even call me when they had finally fixed it! Grrr

Site Sponsor

lilibet;

next time if you need any Gaggia spare parts let me know . we are service agents for Gaggia here in NSW. I may be able o order the parts for you.

We mainly carry Gaggia Classic spare parts, but we are happy to help.

Regards

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre.

You might try Coffee Mio in melbourne- they import Gaggia and sell parts for domestic machines.

Hey Renzo,

Would you happen to have a shower screen holder in your parts collection? I believe the Classic and Baby both use the same part DY0036/A for the aluminium or DY0036/B for the brass one. TVM are still saying no ETA which irritates me because Shriro told me that they do have the part in stock and that they did send it out.

I miss my coffee :S cant wait to be able to try the Tiger Mountain I roasted that is quickly going stale.

Regards,

Elizabeth

I called TVM again at about 3pm telling them that I had called Shriro and that they did indeed have stock at the time of calling after she told me again that they didnt have stock or an ETA. I received a phone call about an hour later saying that one was on its way from Sydney, which I was a bit skeptical about because I had heard that before.

Next morning, 9.15am I received a phone call to say the part was in and available for pickup... :o Amazing what can happen when people try!!

So... I have my machine up and running again! ;D

Special thanks to Stuart for hooking me up with Shriros number, If I hadnt found out directly from TVMs supplier that they had stock, God knows when I would have actually received the part.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys!