Thread: Saeco Odea Go slow dripping coffee

Saeco Odea Go slow dripping coffee

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone,

I have had a Saeco Odea Go machine for the last 8 months. Its a great machine but has started to struggle when delivering the coffee into the cup. Each coffee has started to take 3 times longer to finish and sometimes it doesnt deliver coffee at all.

I descaled it 4 weeks ago but the instructions dont say to run any solution through the brew head. *This leads me to think that the brew head might be getting clogged. *

Can anyone provide advice on how to clean the brew head or if you have experienced this problem, what did you do? Does it need a service?

have a good day yall.

Cheers,

JC

Site Sponsor

Re: Saeco Odea Go slow dripping coffee

JC:

I will start with cleaning the brew sytem. Make a coffee and see if makes a difference.

2. Make the grinder a bit courser.

Any of this two should do the job.

Regards

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista

thanks Renzo.

Does cleaning the brew system just involve pulling it out and giving it a rinse with water or is there more to it? The instructions dont give too much detail.

Site Sponsor

Yes,
    take it out and give it a rinse. That all

cool, i will do those things tonight and let you know how i go.

Thanks for your help. :)

If its anything like the Incanto, theres more to cleaning the brew unit than rinsing. There should be a screen that needs to be removed, cleaned and returned. A clogged screen would exlain some of the slow pour.
    Be careful, the Incanto came with a tightening/loosening tool and I shredded the screw using that. The tech wrote "hand tighten only" on the unit after they replaced it! Why give you a tool adn then tell you not to use it??

well I gave the machine a really good clean last night. It wasnt actually that dirty so I moved on to Renzos suggestion to change the coffee grind setting to coarse. I did this and ran it through about 4 brews. It now works perfectly. Thanks Renzo you saved me an expensive visit to the repair shop. :D

Site Sponsor

Happy to help, you know where we are now.

Have nice day.

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre ( Technical and Spare Parts Dept)

Gday Renzo.

I purchased an Odea Giro as a group present for a buddys 40th. Its his first machine and he specifically wanted the simplicity of a push-button operation.

I currently have a Silvia/Rocky combo at home, so wanted to see what level these automatic machines can reach and happily set the machine up at home before handing over the present. *I ended up running quite a few shots (maybe 15) and also frothed a few times. Once I had removed the "pannarello" from the wand, I was able to get good fine, pourable foam. With the pannarello, frothing was harder to control and the bubbles too large.
    In order to get the best taste from the shots, I ended up with the grind on the finest setting, the dose to the max (3 beans) and the shot volume right near the bottom to produce approx 30ml. The shots were OK, but obviously not as complex and aromatic as those from my Silvia. The pucks in the "dregdrawer" were pretty sloppy and not well bound.
    I guess this is not really a surprise, but a bit disappointing there isnt much improvement on the very similar brewing unit from the Royal Capp machine I purchased for our office 5 years ago (I presume that model has has been around much longer).
    Are the sloppy pucks normal or is there a way to tweak the grind a bit finer or the make the tamp a bit firmer?
    For what its worth, the beans (Coffee for Connoisseurs Mocha Harar) were fairly fresh (few weeks old) and producing a good shot on my Silvia.

It looks like our office machine (Royal Capp) is starting to hit the wall and will have to be replaced soon. *Its hard to find any decent reviews/recommendations/experience with Automatics on these forums. *Any suggestions for Automatics?

Thanks,
    Rob

As a former Saeco owner, my only suggestion would be to make sure you are within walking distance of the repair agent if you buy one. Mine had some many repairs under warranty and extended warranty that a Saeco employee would drop by on his way to work to pick up my Incanto and drop it off on his way home. Then Saeco outsourced service and the nearest agent was more than hour away (and a few weeks wait).
    Jura seems to get good service reviews, and with an office machine, service is probably the only factor (youre not going to get fantastic coffee from any of them).