Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

  1. #1
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    945

    Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have contacted Sunbeam due to suffering issues with my 6910. I explained the issues to them - water blowing out above the seal and water leaking from the group head when I run the hot water outlet.

    Apparently as I live in the Tropical north they will pay to transport my machine to Brisbane for repairs. However before they will do this they want to listen to it operating over the phone.

    Am I missing something here as when I operate it - it sounds the same as when it was working properly. Except the water runs out from the top of the group head. I requested spacers from them to be told that they do not exist.

    As I only have two weeks left on the warranty I get the feeling I am being given the run around. >:(

    Anyone got any idea why they would want to listen to it over the phone. If I dont let them they will not pay for the transport. I am getting suspicious. [smiley=undecided.gif]

  2. #2
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Quote Originally Posted by 14332629470 link=1247130226/0#0 date=1247130226
    I have contacted Sunbeam due to suffering issues with my 6910. *I explained the issues to them - water blowing out above the seal and water leaking from the group head when I run the hot water outlet.

    Apparently as I live in the Tropical north they will pay to transport my machine to Brisbane for repairs. *However before they will do this they want to listen to it operating over the phone.

    Am I missing something here as when I operate it - it sounds the same as when it was working properly. *Except the water runs out from the top of the group head. *I requested spacers from them to be told that they do not exist.

    As I only have two weeks left on the warranty I get the feeling I am being given the run around. * >:(

    Anyone got any idea why they would want to listen to it over the phone. *If I dont let them they will not pay for the transport. *I am getting suspicious. *[smiley=undecided.gif]
    Yea, they wanted to do teh same for me with the chrome pealing from teh Group Collar *;D :o

    I played their game... *With a smile...

    Can not quite understand teh "water blowing out above the seal"unless it is old and split... *or teh collar has failed... Most I have seen is from the main shower screen being forced so far into the seal it splits it.. *When ya take the seal out ... softly separate the seal and look into the grove where the screens sit...


    As to: *"water leaking from the group head when I run the hot water outlet."

    That is a two min fix and due to coffee grinds getting caught in a little one way valve...


    Now if I had a MANUAL of teh EM6910 I could show you exactly where it is and how to fix it..

    I would suggest you look at Item 1 through to 7 on page 8 of 21 of teh manual that is no longer available... See http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1247127310/6#6

    ROFLMBAO.... *I need a good laugh this week..


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    433

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    If they really want to, whats the harm, sounds stupid to me though

  4. #4
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    945

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    AM - it is a brand new seal. The group handle still goes past 5 0clock with the new seal. I tried the cardboard spacer and it worked. But as the machine is still under warranty I think they should fix it rather than me playing with it to much.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    945

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Quote Originally Posted by 79565F5D4A755956595F5D555D564C380 link=1247130226/1#1 date=1247130837
    I would suggest you look at Item 1 through to 7 on page 8 of 21 of teh manual that is no longer available...See http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1247127310/6#6

    ROFLMBAO....I need a good laugh this week..
    AM I have read the link that you suggested but It doesnt tell me ,much except Sunbeam wanted their manual removed?? Am I missing something here :-?

  6. #6
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Quote Originally Posted by 74534649270 link=1247130226/4#4 date=1247131564
    Quote Originally Posted by 79565F5D4A755956595F5D555D564C380 link=1247130226/1#1 date=1247130837
    I would suggest you look at Item 1 through to 7 on page 8 of 21 of teh manual that is no longer available...See http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1247127310/6#6

    ROFLMBAO....I need a good laugh this week..
    AM I have read the link that you suggested but It doesnt tell me ,much except Sunbeam wanted their manual removed?? *Am I missing something here *:-?

    Yea Sorry I was being smart... PM sent.

    But if it goes to Sunbeam, they should fix it as part of the repair...

    PS.. If the cardboard trick works then your collar is worn... Up dosing / over dosing and solid use..

    If ya need to do you self at some stage teh collar is about $48 - $52 and takes about an hr to change...

    AM

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    437

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    When I had the 6910, water was leaking from the group when I turned the machine on.

    Called them, was told to turn the machine on and let her listen to the start up. She authorized for a new machine.

    Theyre not that nice anymore these days....

  8. #8
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    945

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Thanks Gavin1, I will play their game tomorrow and see what happens.

    Thanks AM the PM you sent may be my final solution if I strike resistance ;)

  9. #9
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    945

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Quote Originally Posted by 4166737C120 link=1247130226/7#7 date=1247133317
    Thanks Gavin1, *I will play their game tomorrow and see what happens.

    Thanks AM the PM you sent may be my final solution if I strike resistance *;)
    Updosing may have been the problem although lately it seems to run fine with a standard dose I have backed off a little. -

    Heavy use? 2 a day during the week and 6 on Saturdays and Sundays - The wife and I like to relax with a good coffee.

  10. #10
    Senior Member GregWormald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,288

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Id also recommend a read of your local consumer protection laws. Despite what many companies would have you believe, and sometimes write on receipts or warranty materials, they often have obligations to fix or replace misbehaving items.

    Greg

  11. #11
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Quote Originally Posted by 587F6A650B0 link=1247130226/8#8 date=1247133436
    Quote Originally Posted by 4166737C120 link=1247130226/7#7 date=1247133317
    Thanks Gavin1, *I will play their game tomorrow and see what happens.

    Thanks AM the PM you sent may be my final solution if I strike resistance *;)
    Updosing may have been the problem although lately it seems to run fine with a standard dose I have backed off a little. -

    Heavy use? *2 a day during the week and 6 on Saturdays and Sundays - The wife and I like to relax with a good coffee.

    Yea... The problem is that if you start out a bit heavy handed, the the damage is done to an extent... From then on the collar cops it some more as you have to cover for the spreading of teh lug bearing surface that has been distorted.... * It is not brass but a compound akin to a material that some may know in teh old days as gun metal.

    I have one collar where I have inserted copper rivets that can be easily replaced.. *This pack the collar up to its starting position and when they become worn... They are popped out and new ones fitted... * Sound OK.. But blind copper rivets are now $$$ and can only be imported from the USA.. *Bugger me... NOT.

    Thus I also have a spare NEW collar sitting on my bench... *But no longer have a EM6910... *BUGGER...

    AM



  12. #12
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    945

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Contacted Sunbeam again to day and spoke to a different service person. Different attitude and advice. Machine is to travel to Brisbane for repair.

    She agreed that listening to it was not required - but then asked me to run it. Bless the machines heart it played up loud enough with the escaping steam and water (sounded like a steam engine) she immediately decided it was in need of repair.

    Unfortunately I will be without the device for approx 4 weeks (possibly less) :( :( :( :( :( :(

    So plunger coffee for the next few weeks. :P

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    437

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    Dont go looking at pictures and videos of other machines when its gone!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Stan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Just North of Brisbane
    Posts
    945

    Re: Sunbeam want to listen over the phone re 6910

    I have not been looking at Giottos, VBM or anything like that ::)



Similar Threads

  1. i-phone auto correct
    By A_M in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th February 2012, 02:19 AM
  2. Phone App Idea
    By beverageking in forum General Coffee Related...
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th July 2011, 01:55 PM
  3. New to roasting - not sure what to listen/watch for?
    By Alistair1 in forum Home Roasting - Tips, Tricks, Ideas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 1st February 2009, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •