Thread: Nemox Dell Opera -v- Lelit Combi -v- Mokita Combi

Nemox Dell Opera -v- Lelit Combi -v- Mokita Combi

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there. Ive been nosing about for a few days now trying to decide on whether Im still happy to go with the Breville Fresca Ive got on back-order. When I ordered it was still quite new and I had some trouble finding trustworthy feedback but Im starting to see comments popping up that suggest it may not meet my quality objectives and I am strongly reconsidering my choice.

I like the espresso/grinder combi option because space is at a premium at home and have seen some flattering reviews, at CS and at other sites, about the Nemox Dell Opera, Lelit Combi and Imat Mokita Combi.

I see a couple of sponsors have either the Lelit and Nemox variants...am I correct in my understanding that these 3 are all the same machine? If yes, are there any spec diffs between the models that might sway me towards one or the other? Is after sales support an issue for either in Melbourne metro?

Would be appreciative of any tips/hints from experienced owners :-/.

Damien.

Caffeine Junky

Re: Nemox Dell Opera -v- Lelit Combi -v- Mokita Combi

Cancel your order and buy the Lelit from Talk Coffee. End of story!

Caffeine Junky

OK I guess I need to justify myself a little more than that. *For starters, I am a huge fan of these machines and own a Mokita Combi and a Quaha Napoletana II (yet another variant). *I only use the Napoletana and the Mokita is stored away as a spare.

I think that some versions of the Nemox do not have a 3-way valve although cant be certain about that. *Otherwise I believe the machines are pretty much identical.

With regards to after sales support, Chris from Talk Coffee has an excellent reputation among Melbourne-based CS members and Im sure its well earned. *Id recommend contacting him and look at their CS member web page.

These are very traditional machines with a simple design that quite simply works. *Ill admit that the Fresca is prettier to look at and has nice machine finished surfaces but my friend had a terrible experience with them. 3 machines and 3 different problems. *Maybe he was just unlucky. *Fortunately they come with a 2 year warranty which certainly gives one more confidence.

My Napoletana is 5 years old and makes 10-15 coffees a day without raising a sweat. *Theres no reason a Lelit wont have the same longevity.

Totally concur with you (again), CJ.

Go the Lelit. And at Talk Coffees price at the moment, its great value for money!

I think you should buy a Lelit (from Talk Coffee), although you may say that I am slightly biased.

I have the Nemox which is similar to the Lelit and cant speak highly enough of it. I love this machine and really enjoy using it. Maybe that is because I havnt had the pleasure of anything better (that is probably a good thing, seen as I cant afford anything better at this stage).

I would also love to see a bit more info, queries, and general banter about this machine in the mid range machine section, which Im sure will happen when Talk Coffee sell out of these machines in no time to astute CSers.

I am also very interested to hear some feedback on the Fresca machine. There has been some basic information posted but no detailed reviews that I have seen. There were comments made that it will be a category killer. I guess with time, this will be answered.

Bottom line. The Lelit (bought from Talk Coffee) would be an awesome purchase, you will not be disappointed. The one thing that has been a negative for this machine (and its similar rebadged brothers) is the servicing and parts issues, but now that Talk Coffee have the machine I have no doubt that they will provide the best service and provide any parts required at a fantastic price.

Regards,

10ett

Ill try not to make this a sales pitch...

1) When we did our research the Lelit was the only machine in this group that was consistently available over a long period of time. They havent been out of supply for the last 3 years. Unfortunately, the others in this thread title have.

2) Our good reputation (Talk Coffee and cuppacoffee) is very important to us. We would not jeopardise it by adding something to the range that we wouldnt own ourselves. At the time of my last call to the importer, he was servicing a 9 year old machine that needed some minor repairs, and as stated, was due to lack of care.

3) Any servicing that may be required will be done by us - not outsourced. Therefore, we will keep stock on hand of items like group seals.

4) The price were offering these for is ridiculously low. So we need your support!

OK, thanks for the feedback - appreciate the time everyone took to post a response.

Im now just waiting for confirmation that my order on the Fresca is cancelled and Ill be ready to jump.

Is there a sunset on the Lelit offer?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2B2E22262A212C232E3D244F0 link=1249305375/6#6 date=1249371274
    Is there a sunset on the Lelit offer?
    Hi Damien,

Yes- this offer is a CS bulk buy for advance orders only and then pricing will revert to RRP. Well be shipping all machines in two batches during the month. As Dennis has mentioned, were ranging the Lelit because we want to be able to offer it to CSers at a silly price to reintroduce it to the market.

We hope that in due course to have demonstration machines- but this may talk a little while while we meet orders.

The Lelit has an excellent reputation- like the Silvia- as a very robust machine and will last for a long time if correctly cared for. It is an excellent entry level machine for those on a tight budget.

Chris

I like the espresso/grinder combi option because space is at a premium at home and have seen some flattering reviews, at CS and at other sites, about the Nemox Dell Opera, Lelit Combi and Imat Mokita Combi.
    These units are variants of the same basic construction but there are differences between the older Imat/Mokita/Quaha and the newer variants, recently I was hunting around for a OPV and the brass OPV fitted to the Imat/Mokite/Quaha was recommended, I contacted the Lelit distributor who sent me a parts list of the Lelit and Dell Opera so I could identify the part, it turned out the Lelit OPV is now plastic and the Dell Opera, well I cant see a OPV pictured. So these newer models no longer have the same OPV as the earlier machines, of course this may not matter to you but its something to be aware of.

Hmmm, thanks...this info is also much appreciated.

I actually didnt know what an OPV was until today (after I went hunting for more info - thanks for the prompt!) but Ive decided that Im going with the Lelit anyway, and have very happily placed my order with Talk Coffee this afternoon (thanks Chris). Would spend more if I could but I have to draw a line Im afraid and I have at least confidently formed the opinion that my money is far better spent on the Lelit than the Fresca.

So now I move to eager anticipation and start counting the days.

Congratulations on deciding on a fine machine that will provide good coffee for years to come. ;)

A final note...picked up my pretty little Lelit from Talk Coffee this arvo (thanks again Chris) and it looks pretty spiffy sitting on the bench.

Finally finished with work, dinner, etc. for the day and finally pulled my first shot a few minutes ago.

Although there was clearly some room for improvement, the result was way ahead of anything Ive managed before, even using decaf beans, and better than most coffees I reckon I can get from my local strip (even if I do say so).

So I guess that the end of this thread - thanks again to everyone who took some time to provide advice. Now the fun really begins!

Damien. ;D

TC

Enjoy Damien!

You have Lelit #001 released from Talk Coffee captivity 8-)

Happy shots.... ;)

Chris

Nice machine Damien

I have recommended these machines often to newbies "as a step above" that are considering a department store appliance or if the budget cant reach to a Silvia

Look after it and it will aim to please

KK

;) this is my very first post.....so hello!

I am looking at the lelit combi and was just curious, 1 year down the track, are you still happy with this baby?

I have fewer $$$ than some but am after a GOOD machine that is suited to the Rancilia and easy to use as this is my first. Chris has pointed me to this one.

Thanks for your help,

Lisa

Hi, could you tell me who in Sydney might sell the lelit? ALl the links that I found in the various threads do not seem to stock it any longer. Is the lelit being sold under another name?

Many Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 020B005C4A4047564151524A330 link=1249305375/15#15 date=1284108966
    Hi, could you tell me who in Sydney might sell the lelit? ALl the links that I found in the various threads do not seem to stock it any longer. Is the lelit being sold under another name?

Many Thanks.

Hi and welcome to CS kayjay

Jetblack Espresso sell the Lelit. They are currently out of stock, though accepting back orders.

http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/shop/ac/coffee-machines/