Thread: Advice please Lelit Combi and Imat Mokita Combi

Advice please Lelit Combi and Imat Mokita Combi

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,

I have been researching this forum for help on a new machine, as my Krups has died *after 12 years.

I have decided on the Combi style machine due to all the recommendations on this forum. My question is regarding the Imat Mokita Combi as i can get a demo model for $150 less than the Lelit. Is this an older machine which will prove harder to service or source spare parts for? I did read that it had a brass OPV where new models have plastic. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Also I am a bit worried my Wife may have difficulties operating this boiler style machine as she has expressed some concern that it looks complicated and time consuming. She pretty much turns on , loads and shoots. Is this a concern?

Regards Rusty.

Re: Advice please Lelit Combi and Imat Mokita Combi

Quote Originally Posted by 7A5D5B5C511C1A1F280 link=1257037134/0#0 date=1257037134
    Imat Mokita Combi as i can get a demo model for $150 less than the Lelit. Is this an older machine which will prove harder to service or source spare parts for?
    They are pretty much the same machine marketed under different names
    Its also known under Nemox Dell Opera

Quote Originally Posted by 7A5D5B5C511C1A1F280 link=1257037134/0#0 date=1257037134
    Also I am a bit worried my Wife may have difficulties operating this boiler style machine as she has expressed some concern that it looks complicated and time consuming. She pretty much turns on , loads and shoots. Is this a concern?
    Yes if one does not follow procedure one might blow the boiler element

If you want a little more element security you may be better served with a machine like most HX (heat exchanger) models that have an auto low water cut off & auto fill feature

KK

Thanks KK

I am not sure we want to spend on a HX unit, though I am not familiar with what is out there. I will research.

Is a SB 6910 a viable option? I have read there are some faults with this model. There seems to be some grinder combo deals around at the moment. :-/

You pay for what you get
    I would rather buy a pre loved HX over a sunbeam

I hear & read that many users have headaches about reliability & quality issues from the Sunbeam

KK

Quote Originally Posted by 0F2B222221211B0F2B37292B440 link=1257037134/3#3 date=1257046904
    You pay for *what you get
    I would rather buy a pre loved HX over a sunbeam

I hear & read that many users have headaches about reliability & quality issues from the Sunbeam *

KK
    Ditto re: an Imat/Nemox/Lelit machine. Id buy one every time before touching an SB 6910... That said, there are a lot of happy EM6910 owners in the CS community but when it comes down to matters like quality of manufacture, longevity, value retention, etc an Imat/Nemox/Lelit will leave the SB in its dust.... ;)

Mal.

Thanks Guys

I have been comparing pictures of the Imat and Lelit and noticed that the steam wand looks shorter, is this so? I did read on here somewhere that someone was concerned about the short wand on the Imat. Does the Lelit have a longer wand? This would be important to me as I mainly make lattes.

I am trying to teach my wife about boilers and such. She thinks I am taking *up another excessive compulsive hobby! She tells me to go and mow the lawn. :o

I have had a Lelit combi for two years and my wife expressed the same sort of fears about using it. However, within a week she was making coffee and steaming milk with no problems.

SunnyCoaster

I make coffee for a living. *I have had a Lelit Combi as my domestic machine (much modified like grandfathers axe) for 12 years. Its an extremely agricultural piece of kit but like a Morris Minor endlessly rebuildable and therefore sustainable.