Thread: EM6910 Circuit Board Fried

EM6910 Circuit Board Fried

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

After having some common issues with our EM6910 (Specifically the machine randomly turning itself on every few weeks and the steam pump starting), awoke one morning to the smell of burning electronics and the humming of a pump from the machine.

Get the time today to crack it open, apparent that cockroaches have made themselves home, but looking at the tracks on the circuit board see a nice burn mark under a transistor (Q2 - located directly below the Steampump header). Turn it on and sure enough greeted by smoke and a glowing orange PCB.

The machine is about 6 months out of warranty, and knowing that an agent wont repair the board but instead replace - to avoid an inspection fee can anyone take a stab at what the board is going to cost to swap out?

Failing this it might be time for a new machine and donate this one for spares.

Cheers
    Nick.

A_M

Re: EM6910 Circuit Board Fried

Quote Originally Posted by 5E79737B2029100 link=1260425315/0#0 date=1260425315
    Hi All,

After having some common issues with our EM6910 (Specifically the machine randomly turning itself on every few weeks and the steam pump starting), awoke one morning to the smell of burning electronics and the humming of a pump from the machine.

Get the time today to crack it open, apparent that cockroaches have made themselves home, but looking at the tracks on the circuit board see a nice burn mark under a transistor (Q2 - located directly below the Steampump header). Turn it on and sure enough greeted by smoke and a glowing orange PCB.

The machine is about 6 months out of warranty, and knowing that an agent wont repair the board but instead replace - to avoid an inspection fee can anyone take a stab at what the board is going to cost to swap out?

Failing this it might be time for a new machine and donate this one for spares.

Cheers
    Nick.
    Not sure what a new board is worth or might cost..

Where are you located ?

If ya ph sparkies.. Albion in Brisbane they may be able to get you a $$$ and availability of said part... Assumig that is the only fault.

I have an old EM6910 which has been used for parts and testing..

1: Would be happy to take the old one off ya hands..

2: Happy to have just the board and I can have a look and see what repairs if any could be done..

Your call as to what you wish to do..

PS. This close to x-mas would suggest some time if the board has to be ordered in..

AM

Hi There,

Nick09 - the circut board died in my EM6910 2 weeks ago, cost me $153 to get it replaced at the local Sunbeam service agent.

I think the PCB itself was around the $73 mark, and labour on top of that, I should have replaced it myself but didnt have the time - desperate times call for desperate measures!

Cheers,
    Ben - a fellow CS n00b

Quote Originally Posted by 5F696E76767E697974621B0 link=1260425315/2#2 date=1260510305
    Hi There,

Nick09 - the circut board died in my EM6910 2 weeks ago, cost me $153 to get it replaced at the local Sunbeam service agent.

I think the PCB itself was around the $73 mark, and labour on top of that, I should have replaced it myself but didnt have the time - desperate times call for desperate measures!

Cheers,
    Ben - a fellow CS n00b
    If they will sell you the part!
    Regards
    Crisp Image