Thread: Nemox Dell Opera problem

Nemox Dell Opera problem

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I just bought a Nemox Dell Opera from another user on this board.. http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1265883597

Its just showed up but seems to be malfunctioning.

With power on and all other switches off, as the machine heats up water starts seeping through the group/portafilter. As the water gets hotter the problem gets worse.

Its like a valve/switch/solenoid aint doing its job.

I am not averse to pulling the back off and reseating cables or whatnot. Can someone point me in the right direction? I was sooo looking forward to trying it out tomorrow morning. *sob*

Thanks,

Re: Nemox Dell Opera problem

Have you discussed this with the CSer you purchased it from? Seems like the best place to start.... :-?

Mal.

Gday Bulge,
    Congrats on getting an excellent machine.
    Have you tried giving it a really good back flush with some "Clean Machine" detergent to dissolve any old coffee oils that may be holding the 3 way valve open?
    It may take a couple of goes but it should help.
    Good luck,
    Thomas

Thanks, have discussed with Michael (who I bought it off) and also emailed Alan at Cofffe Co. Both have been very helpful.

Ran another descale, no avail.

Alan has advised me that the pipe inside the boiler has split, parts are not avail and would need to be machined. Michael agrees with his diagnosis.

This is in the too hard basket for a first timer, and Michael has kindly offered to refund or swap out with his Quaha Nap II. I am just weighing up on these options.

I guess once bitten twice shy, and after much research I went for one of these machines because they were all the same internally, built like a brick shouse and I love the fact they have a built in grinder for my small kitchen. But it seems that some parts for the older machines are hard to find.

Am I flogging a dead horse with another 2nd hand machine of the same sort of vintage, or can I expect to get another 5 or so years if I keep it in good condition?

Thanks for you help!

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2631282321440 link=1266379573/3#3 date=1266446596
    Thanks, have discussed with Michael (who I bought it off) and also emailed Alan at Cofffe Co. Both have been very helpful.

Ran another descale, no avail.

Alan has advised me that the pipe inside the boiler has split, parts are not avail and would need to be machined. Michael agrees with his diagnosis.

This is in the too hard basket for a first timer, and Michael has kindly offered to refund or swap out with his Quaha Nap II. I am just weighing up on these options.

I guess once bitten twice shy, and after much research I went for one of these machines because they were all the same internally, built like a brick shouse and I love the fact they have a built in grinder for my small kitchen. But it seems that some parts for the older machines are hard to find.

Am I flogging a dead horse with another 2nd hand machine of the same sort of vintage, or can I expect to get another 5 or so years if I keep it in good condition?

Thanks for you help!
    Perhaps a braze might be possible if the pipe is not too badly damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by 104F57414A414D444447474F434C220 link=1266379573/4#4 date=1266446918
    Perhaps a braze might be possible if the pipe is not too badly damaged?
    I agree... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Definitely worth sussing out with someone in your local area as it would only be a five minute job if you did all the disassembly yourself. And when done right (as they say) itll probably still be there when the rest of the machine has given up the ghost in say.... another 50 years or so ;)

All the best :)
    Mal.