Thread: Issues with getting machine serviced

Issues with getting machine serviced

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have a Sunbeam EM6910 which is 18 months old. The steam pump has failed and I took it, at Sunbeams direction, to a place in Richmond called Diamond Service Solutions.

Has anyone had a good experience with these people? They have basically gone into a communication black hole - they dont return calls, the dont give you any info when you call, they tell you that they will call you back and just dont. What was meant to be 2 weeks is now 7 weeks.

I have complained to Sunbeam and while they have been understanding and tried to expedite things, the company just doesnt have any concept of customer service.

In short, if you are thinking about using them for anything, I would steer clear

A_M

Re: Issues with getting machine serviced

Quote Originally Posted by 66716277717D79737B100 link=1268958503/0#0 date=1268958503
    I have a Sunbeam EM6910 which is 18 months old. *The steam pump has failed and I took it, at Sunbeams direction, to a place in Richmond called Diamond Service Solutions.

Has anyone had a good experience with these people? *They have basically gone into a communication black hole - they dont return calls, the dont give you any info when you call, they tell you that they will call you back and just dont. *What was meant to be 2 weeks is now 7 weeks.

I have complained to Sunbeam and while they have been understanding and tried to expedite things, the company just doesnt have any concept of customer service.

In short, if you are thinking about using them for anything, I would steer clear
    Thanks... If a dead Pump... Then should have been a simple fix under warranty... Depending on parts availability..

If not then it could take a little longer...

However that does not excuse lack of concise communications..

Just look at Pioneer Coffee Roastery; they go out of their way and even make a public post to track down a client.. Then give product away.. Great Team.

Just reading between the lines and surmising that [a] It probably hasnt been looked at or [b]waiting for parts if it has been looked at

1] Go and get your machine back and take it to someone else [if possible]

2] Ask for a loan machine while they stuff around

KK

Quote Originally Posted by 07232A2A29291307233F21234C0 link=1268958503/2#2 date=1268965124

2] Ask for a loan machine while they stuff around

KK
    and if its a good one dont return it for 7 weeks..... after they tell you yours is ready I had a laugh

Caffeine Junky

I had issues with the Adelaide Sunbeam Service Centre. *Had a friend drop it off for me cause he lives nearby - gave him a note with all my contact details on there. *I rang 2 weeks later to see if it was ready and was told they hadnt looked at it yet cause no one had written on the sevice note what the problem was. *Took about another 4 weeks after that.d

Brought it home and it wasnt quite right. Took it back and took another 4 weeks.

They made a mistake in their billing and undercharged me ~$40. If Id received better service I would have happily let them know and paid it; Im the type of person who lets the person know if Im given too much change in a store.

On a brighter note, I odered the wrong gasket for my Ocar twice in a row (after guessing what the right one would be). The gaskets are only around ~$4 but add 2 lots of postage and it gets expensive. I then emailed Coffee Parts (whom Id ordered from) and asked which one they recommended. Pedro rang me right away with his advice and was very apologetic even though it was not his fault at all.

If you happen to read this Pedro, my colleague who answered the phone thinks you have a sexy voice :D

A_M

Good service support is a pain...

But it also has some over heads and sometimes when being an agent; the big restrictions can be the Manufacturer etc and can impact on ya ability to make a $$$.

However a bit of proactive planing and a few calls can do so much... Yet many just play dumb..

The Guy down teh road is often caught for parts... But they also SMS and keep ya advised... Even then some clients get very abusive with the counter staff and do themselves no favours.

If ya find a good one... Let them know and give good feedback.. It can pay off..

Finally got the machine back after contact Sunbeam again who gave them a hurry up and all of a sudden, bang, its ready a day later.

Still no call from the repairer - only Sunbeam.

Was the pump and was covered under warranty. The machine is now working great which is, I suppose, the main thing.

I just wonder if these guys have any idea of the damage they do to their brand. I have posted on a number of sites, twitter, facebook coffee groups, my own blog, work blog. All for the lack of decent communication. All they had to do was ring and say that the pump was out of stock and that it could be another 6 weeks before they could source it. I would have been unhappy, but not with them.

Quote Originally Posted by 5B4C5F4A4C40444E462D0 link=1268958504/6#6 date=1269989722
    I would have been unhappy, but not with them.
    Id have been a "little" peeved at them too for poor stock control (without even considering poor quality control in the first place).

DONT USE

too often the blame gets put on the repairer and not the supplier, ie sunbeam in this case
    sunbeam have only had 6910 steam pumps back in stock since late last week
    out of stock for 6weeks

sunbeam customer service should inform the customers when they contact them
    it sounds like your steam pump needs replacing, if so it will be covered by warranty, BUT WE are out of stock until the end of march of this part

but they dont
    they lay blame on the repairer, and if the customer makes lots of noise, then the lovely people at sunbeam will find a part and send it too the repairer for that particular customer

and it is not just sunbeam
    am awaiting a part from a nother domestic machine importer
    customer service has demanded a date the machine will be fixed, (they know what part is needed)
    but the part hasnt been sent yet, and wont be sent until next week

so it doesnt matter sometimes how much you tell the customer, we are still aresoles who wont fix there machine or give them a loan machine

we have 12 domestic machines in the workshop at present awaiting parts

how can we be expected to supply a loan machine for them

but that is what people expect

Quote Originally Posted by 0F332E353F3E293C343F5B0 link=1268958504/7#7 date=1269993369
    Id have been a "little" peeved at them too for poor stock control *
    fix - just so you know for sure, my quote was aimed at Sunbeam.

DONT USE

so was i