Thread: Buying S/hand Mokita Combi

Buying S/hand Mokita Combi

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Im finally taking the plunge and looking to buying my first espresso machine. I have been following the CS and CG forums for many months and have decided that a Lelit Combi is the one for me. I know they retail for around the $850 mark brand new, however I have the opportunity to buy a s/hand Mokita Combi (which I understand is the same machine rebadged) for a bargain price. The machine is described as being in excellent working order being only 4 years old and having only been used to make 4 cups a week. My only reservation relates to servicing and parts. Can anyone offer any advice regarding whether this machine given its age and usage will likely require any servicing or replacement of parts in the near future. Also, where would I be able to get it serviced if that were ever the case. I live in Melbourne. Cheers Linda

Group Seal for Nemox/Mokita Combi

Hi All. This is my only ever second post on the CS forum so here goes. I am very new to the world of espresso and bought my first machine (second hand Mokita Combi) the other day. I think my first grind with the in built grinder was too fine as the machine struggled to produce anything for the first 10 or 15 seconds then all of a sudden water came flooding out from everywhere. I think the group seal/gasket may have blown! Subsequent coarser grinds managed to produce some coffee, however there was still a tonne of water leaking from around the group. Is my grind still wrong or is it the seal? Does anyone know where I can get a replacement seal. Really Desperate for a good cup of coffee with this machine. Regards Linda

Re: Buying S/hand Mokita Combi

If any Melbourne based CS sponsors cant help you, suggest telephone non CS sponsor Alan Frew. He is in Melbourne and I expect will help you with this machine.

Thanks Denis. Unfortunately Alan Frew has temporarily closed shop until mid May and I dont think anyone else carries spare parts for this machine. In any case I think Ive sorted out my problem with grinding and brewing and am getting the hang of using my new (s/hand) machine and making espresso. Thanks for responding. Linda

RyanM

Just in case Alan hasnt got the parts you need. I ordered a new element and brass boiler pipe from Lygon distributors and they seemed like they carried a lot of parts for it. Service was slow but at least they had what I needed.