Thread: EM6910 - High pressure, no coffee :(

jaswah

EM6910 - High pressure, no coffee :(

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys,

This is my first post though ive browsed this forum for while now....

Ive had a EM6910 since Christmas... the machine has been fantastic.

Last week i noticed that the pressure during an extraction was a little higher than normal, and that it took longer as well. Several days later the pressure is heading up into the red, and i get maybe ten drips of coffee.

Im still a complete newb, so can someone tell me what i need to do? Is this a cleaning issue, or descaling issue? When i use the manual button without any coffee, but the handle still in place i get a good stream of water.

Also are the cleaning methods in the manual (with the cleaning tablets) the best method for cleaning or should i do something else?

Thanks for any help!
    Jason

A_M

Re: EM6910 - High pressure, no coffee :(

Quote Originally Posted by 3D362420363F570 link=1270157202/0#0 date=1270157202
    Hey guys,

This is my first post though ive browsed this forum for while now....

Ive had a EM6910 since Christmas... the machine has been fantastic.

Last week i noticed that the pressure during an extraction was a little higher than normal, and that it took longer as well. Several days later the pressure is heading up into the red, and i get maybe ten drips of coffee.

Im still a complete newb, so can someone tell me what i need to do? Is this a cleaning issue, or descaling issue? When i use the manual button without any coffee, but the handle still in place i get a good stream of water.

Also are the cleaning methods in the manual (with the cleaning tablets) the best method for cleaning or should i do something else?

Thanks for any help!
    Jason
    If ya have not done a clean since X.Mas... I would be going out and doing SO ASAP.. And then get that fish; you were going to have tonight and slap ya self around a bit... *;)

1: Right NOW - Check ya shower screens and make sure they are both clean.. If Not, CLEAN them.

2: READ YA MANUAL... As to removing etc etc

3: Read ya manual as to MAINTENANCE.

4: then read all the posts here as to how to use Correctly.

What Grinder
    What Beans
    What TAMP Pressure

Did any of these change ?

i would say you have your beans ground to fine and are choking up the machine, just an observation from one noob to another ;D

jaswah

ARGH. Im an idiot... for some reason this batch of beans just needed a MUCH courser grind. Im talking really course. Weird.

I shall be purchasing the cleaning tablets and a large cod or snapper this afternoon...