Thread: 2 questions about descaling the EM6910

2 questions about descaling the EM6910

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    1) Do i really need to take out the showerscreen? It says so in the manual. EEk.. i have descaled before..without taking out the showerscreen. :(

2) Do i need to remove the calc filter when descaling?

My screwdriver is a bit too long and i cant fit it vertical under the showerscreen :p Ill head over to bunnings and get a shorter one if its absolutely necessary to take it out though.

A_M

Re: 2 questions about descaling the EM6910

Do i really need to take out the showerscreen? It says so in the manual. EEk.. i have descaled before..without taking out the showerscreen. :(

If ya have done so; without removing the shower screen previously.. Then only half a job.. Wait till you see what in teh shower screen

NO... But then ya just killed $26 filter and will need to buy a new one...

My screwdriver is a bit too long and i cant fit it vertical under the showerscreen :p Ill head over to bunnings and get a shorter one if its absolutely necessary to take it out though.
    So whats the problem.. Bunnings / super cheep and grab a stubby

Now if ya had a EM6900 you would be tossing a fit... Need a socket to get the inner shower screen out.. And dont loose teh spring or valve..

YES to both question. If you want to do the job well then you must do both those things. Believe me it doesnt take long anyway. Took me about an hour max to descale my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by 1E31383A2D123E313E383A323A312B5F0 link=1270198615/1#1 date=1270206227
    Do i really need to take out the showerscreen? It says so in the manual. EEk.. i have descaled before..without taking out the showerscreen. :(

If ya have done so; without removing the shower screen previously.. Then only half a job.. *Wait till you see what in teh shower screen

NO... But then ya just killed $26 filter and will need to buy a new one...

So whats the problem.. Bunnings / super cheep and grab a stubby

Now if ya had a EM6900 you would be tossing a fit... Need a socket to get the inner shower screen out.. And dont loose teh spring or valve..
    I had a laugh. Now im curious what weird and wonderful things lurk behind the showerscreen.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7D626A7974717575180 link=1270198615/3#3 date=1270255652
    I had a laugh. Now im curious what weird and wonderful things lurk behind the showerscreen.
    See some of the pick in my other post as to the Rebuild I am doing.. Seen the same and worse in 6910s... After a while it totaly chokes teh system.

MadPerie got his almost new 6910 of that evil place for a great discount.. Guess what... Was not working. Blocked shower screen ;D :D :o 8-)

Some people just never get it and always wanting to take short cuts etc etc,.