Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wbroadhead

Thread: EM0480 Grinder AND [Replace OR Repair Sunbeam EM6910]

EM0480 Grinder AND [Replace OR Repair Sunbeam EM6910]

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone, * please provide your advice on my next steps.

This combination has served me well enough over the years. It is time where the machine requires either some maintenance or otherwise replacement (and by the sounds of most opinions for the Sunbeam, I have been extraordinarily lucky with the length of tenuer).

The group head collar requires replacement and will cost me $187. *My concern is with the age of the machine and it constant 2-3 coffees per day, what else will require maintenance and will the issue of the soft group head collar inherent in these machines ever be resolved.

Further, I love my coffee extraordinarily strong and velvety with just a dash of milk. *This will always push the limits of the current machine as I have come to realise. *

I would love to purchase the Rancilio Silva as from the word around here its the beez neez. Close to that is the Lelit PL041. But I do like the idea of trying new ways of brewing coffee with aftermarket bits and bobs - hence the Rancilio takes my eye.

I do not want to replace the grinder because I love my BBQ just as much as the Coffee Machine. The BBQ also needs some funding, so the budget is just not there.

What do I do?

A. Repair the EM6910 for $187 and continue on my merry way
    B. Replace the EM6910 with a Rancilio or Lelit PL041. *Will the EM0480 Grinder complement this at all?
    C. Sell the current Sunbeam hardware and buy a Rancilio and suited grinder. *My gut feel is that I dont think I will get enough $$ to do this.

ps: *I understand the opinions for the EM6910 are deep and almost united. For me, it is a point of taking this as an opportunity to upscale because the current unit has served me well enough irrespective of its shortcomings. * *

Regards, Nick

A_M

Re: EM0480 Grinder AND [Replace OR Repair Sunbeam EM6910]

Quote Originally Posted by 787A717A6D7E73666A7A77797A761F0 link=1270805267/0#0 date=1270805267
    The group head collar requires replacement and will cost me $187. *My concern is with the age of the machine and it constant 2-3 coffees per day, what else will require maintenance and will the issue of the soft group head collar inherent in these machines ever be resolved.
    $ 187 is a bit over the top... $125 - $140 TOPS

No major problems with the collar if ya manage ya grind and dosing correctly...

Update ya profile with ya location...

AM, update done.

Quote from Ashfield was $88 parts and $99 labour

I need to go offline for a couple hours and will check back later tonight and on the weekend.

Thanks for the interest people and look forward to any feedback or PMs

note: with the right instruction, I prob could replace myself if I know the tricks and what to look out for. *I have the full set of T bits usually required for these things since replacing my screen on the mobile. I did not put this in the options as I figured a like for like comparison - being not having to do or risk the work.

Regards,

Hi Nick,

I had the same combo for 2.5 years. After 2 years my collar went. I had it fixed at Ashflied for $150 about August last year - I guess the price has since gone up - man that guy must be rich *;D. I was guilty of updosing, however I knew no other way of getting a decent pour out of the 6910. After the collar replacement, I was a bit more careful with my dosing technique.

Then in February this year my control board went, and I was quoted $200 plus - thats when I jumped ship.

I guess if things are tight at the moment, I would get the collar fixed - or try and do it yourself.

Eventually you may want to upgrade - just make sure your upgrade isnt a sideways one. The Rancilio is a great machine, and if you dont have milk based drinks would be OK. If however you will need frequent milk texturing, then you should wait till you can buy a Hx machine.

The em0480 should be fine, but they can be a bit finicky. My first one was rubbish - I couldnt even fix it with the washer fix. I returned it and my second one is great. It does subtle adjustments quite well and worked ok with my Hx machine. Of course the coffee tastes better when you upgrade grinder, however my sunbeam was still quite adequate. Hope this helps.

With close to $200 on repairs to an older machine (is it really aged rather than older?) it must surely be getting close to replacement rather than repair. After all $200 is 25% of the new cost--would you consider $thousands to repair an old car?

If you had a machine like the Silvia then their more graceful ageing makes repairs more viable and much less likely.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by 0F3A2D2F1F273A2529242C480 link=1270805267/4#4 date=1270813192
    After all $200 is 25% of the new cost
    Quote Originally Posted by 2A2D26262D3C3C480 link=1270805267/3#3 date=1270808767
    After the collar replacement, I was a bit more careful with my dosing technique.
    Both good points but also remember that youll end up with a new collar and everything else will still be old.

I was lucky enough to get the collar fixed under warranty for the work machine and at the same time he found a circuit board problem which was replaced (also under warranty).

I liked the Sunbeams up to a point but having used them for almost 3 years I no longer trust them.

I will still recommend one to someone with a strict budget so long as they are made aware of all the cons before deciding to buy one.

You have to weigh up whether or not youve got your moneys worth so far and then whether you want to risk $187 on an unknown amount of usage to be gained.

Quote Originally Posted by 60676C6C677676020 link=1270805267/3#3 date=1270808767
    Hi Nick,

I had the same combo for 2.5 years. After 2 years my collar went. I had it fixed at Ashflied for $150 about August last year - I guess the price has since gone up - man that guy must be rich *;D. I was guilty of updosing, however I knew no other way of getting a decent pour out of the 6910. After the collar replacement, I was a bit more careful with my dosing technique.

Then in February this year my control board went, and I was quoted $200 plus - thats when I jumped ship.

I guess if things are tight at the moment, I would get the collar fixed - or try and do it yourself.

Eventually you may want to upgrade - just make sure your upgrade isnt a sideways one. The Rancilio is a great machine, and if you dont have milk based drinks would be OK. If however you will need frequent milk texturing, then you should wait till you can buy a Hx machine.

The em0480 should be fine, but they can be a bit finicky. My first one was rubbish - I couldnt even fix it with the washer fix. I returned it and my second one is great. It does subtle adjustments quite well and worked ok with my Hx machine. Of course the coffee tastes better when you upgrade grinder, however my sunbeam was still quite adequate. Hope this helps.
    Always require updosing? Heres what I think:

1) Beans over a month post roast?
    2) Non-level distribution!
    3) Uneven tamp.

Ive tried and tried and tried, and after awhile come to realize that you really need to dose carefully to avoid the need to updose.

It is possible with the single basket on the 6910. No updosing necessary. Grind into cup. Disturb grinds to break up clumps. Pour into portafilter carefully. Level with back of knife. Tamp.

I have been getting good shots without having to updose. With an imprint of the showerscreen on a solid one-piece puck to boot! A small annoyance is that the puck does not knock out cleanly at the bottom from the basket. The puck looks clean, *but there is an even spread of grounds on the curved bottom part of the single basket.

Note that this will only work if your beans are fresh...ideally less than 2 weeks post roast. This is because they seem to expand properly and generate resistance without having to updose.

Quote Originally Posted by 4E4942424958582C0 link=1270805267/3#3 date=1270808767
    Hi Nick,

It does subtle adjustments quite well and worked ok with my Hx machine. Of course the coffee tastes better when you upgrade grinder, however my sunbeam was still quite adequate. Hope this helps.
    Thank you Bennett, I am sharing the same concerns. *Good to know the grinder is up to the task of delivering at least the kind of pour I am currently getting.

Michael from Ashfield was very clear, upfront and helpful over the phone. *He has a good service attitude and I like that being open with all the options. *Everything has gone up of late and the guy has to pay the rent. *

Quote Originally Posted by 6B5E494B7B435E414D40482C0 link=1270805267/4#4 date=1270813192
    With close to $200 on repairs to an older machine (is it really aged rather than older?)
    Greg
    Thank you Greg, I have invested equal amounts in cleaning and descaling the machine and replaced seals and filters as per schedule to keep up the performance. *

The current fault is due to my use of the machine. *In hindsight, I could have grinded the beans finer with less packing. *I just want more coffee poured when making two in the morning.

It is a question of confidence in the rest of the product such as cct board etc. although I have not seen any signs of other probs. *Like I said in the orig post, I seem to be luckier than most with mine.

On this note, assuming I had a Rancillo, can you get a triple sized filter cup?

Quote Originally Posted by 7844594248495E4B43482C0 link=1270805267/5#5 date=1270814524

I will still recommend one to someone with a strict budget so long as they are made aware of all the cons before deciding to buy one.

You have to weigh up whether or not youve got your moneys worth so far and then whether you want to risk $187 on an unknown amount of usage to be gained.
    Thundergod, I bought my mother one last year but I will be checking it out very closely when I next visit.

Most definitely feel good about the investment to date. *Just want to make the right choices going forward. :-/

Nick...

Quote Originally Posted by 2A2823283F2C21343828252B28244D0 link=1270805267/7#7 date=1270817395
    can you get a triple sized filter cup?
    One came with my naked group handle.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6E6C676C7B6865707C6C616F6C60090 link=1270805267/2#2 date=1270806420
    Quote from Ashfield was $88 parts and $99 labour
    Sorry... Bought a collar the other day... $58 if I remember correctly

The Au dollar is still strong...

Quote Originally Posted by 6B6C67676C7D7D090 link=1270805267/3#3 date=1270808767
    If you take it slow and follow any number of guids and advice ... About an hr or maybe two to making a shot.

Rush it... Do something silly.. Make assumptions and you could be in a bit of trouble..

A number of others here have done and had no problems. Others have jumped in and are still dealing with the outcome.

Mum2three dropped hers in to my place and I think it was back in her car after 1.5 hrs and it also go a chemical clean and a steam wand flush.. Oh, and a new seal..

Quote Originally Posted by 5D617C676D6C7B6E666D090 link=1270805267/5#5 date=1270814524
    Agree.... Note. In most cases, just like teh Silvia.... I find the cons in the majority are a direct outcome of poor / nil maintenance / lack of understanding etc.. A new Silvia can cost you $180 for a new boiler / element at any time if you do not follow the rules. Warranty... Once maybe... After that just like sunbeame.. They have every right to wipe you.

As the old saying goes. Tis a poor trades person that blames his tools.

Dropped into a well respected supplier and sponsor today... Was chasing a Procon pump (yes I got one).. I was blown away....

Row upon row of Automatics ... Just like an assemble line... These items cost 1k to 2k no problem and they are basicly on a conveyor belt. Serviced = working = return to owner = short time later = broken again. Now some of us might say... Ya well they are Autos... But sponsors here sell and I am sure thaey will tell you. Treat them right and they will last for some time and make OK coffee. Great coffee... Maybe not but they serve a purpose.

The 7.5K KLIIB I am working on... NEVER had a chemical back flush... Or a service, other than to change group seals, once they started spraying water. Does that make it a poor machine NO.

I have direct contact with at least 5 EM6910 owners whos machines are over 3 years and never had problems; CON.... They are now spoilt and can only move up much higher end machines..

generalyuehfei - At the end of teh day... You have been spoilt by the EM6910..

Do not buy off the specs and or pretty pics ;D ;)

You owe it to your self / the bank and your partner ? to visit a few sponsors and get ya hands dirty.. Do some training with them... Make a couple of coffees in a row... Black and with milk.

What one user is happy to live with; can drive another mad... Pics and words will never expose these issues... Hands on is the only way..

For me it is the i-brick.. So many love it.. Yet it is the bain of my existence and even after;

1: Me having 3 replaced... AND

2: Almost half the companies fleet has been changed over at least once...

Some people still love them.... It makes no sense to me..

Well ....... the same for coffee machines.

Need more BF1942.

Ok... I will attempt the repair based on the guides I have found here -> Thanks Martrix and AM!!

Attached is a photo of the Shower Head Collar as it is called in the Service Manual (aka Group Head Collar as discussed herein). *This is the left hand side shot when facing the machine. *It is noticably compressed and no longer providing the incline to seal the filter basket. *This is me jamming the group head of late trying to stop the leaking!! *Naughty Naughty

I just want to
    1) Confirm the part number from the supplier that I need to source (EM6910106 approx $55 - quote AM Jan 21st, 2010). * The machine was purchased in 2007.
    2) Locate a supplier that may be able to supply one today (Saturday) here in Sydney for a reasonable price. *Alternatively then delivered next week and I will deal with the weak watery coffee *:(

I would assume most will be closed but those that arent, midday will be my deadline. *Will start calling the supplier list from Sunbeam.

Regards, Nick

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 292B202B3C2F22373B2B26282B274E0 link=1270805267/10#10 date=1270849956
    Ok... I will attempt the repair based on the guides I have found here -> Thanks Martrix and AM!!

Attached is a photo of the Shower Head Collar as it is called in the Service Manual (aka Group Head Collar as discussed herein). *This is the left hand side shot when facing the machine. *It is noticably compressed and no longer providing the incline to seal the filter basket. *This is me jamming the group head of late trying to stop the leaking!! *Naughty Naughty

I just want to
    1) Confirm the part number from the supplier that I need to source (EM6910106 *approx $55 - quote AM Jan 21st, 2010). * The machine was purchased in 2007.
    2) Locate a supplier that may be able to supply one today (Saturday) here in Sydney for a reasonable price. *Alternatively then delivered next week and I will deal with the weak watery coffee *:(

I would assume most will be closed but those that arent, midday will be my deadline. *Will start calling the supplier list from Sunbeam.

Regards, Nick
    That is not that bad... But it means your starting.

1: Get a spacer... That will assist

2: Get those stepped lugs smoothed off and you will be fine for another 6 months plus.

Once the gouging starts... It is exponential as the step in the lugs dig in... Then when you force it.. That adds even more distortion.

Dremal from bunnings ( ye more than $50) and take some care and smooth those steps out and it will make a major difference.

Sunbeam parts on a Saturday... Not a hope.

Quote Originally Posted by 17383133241B37383731333B333822560 link=1270805267/11#11 date=1270851321

That is not that bad... But it means your starting.

1: Get a spacer... That will assist

2: Get those stepped lugs *smoothed off and you will be fine for another 6 months plus.

Once the gouging starts... It is exponential as the step in the lugs dig in... Then when you force it.. That adds even more distortion.

Dremal from bunnings ( ye more than $50) * and take some care and smooth those steps out and it will make a major difference.

Sunbeam parts on a Saturday... Not a hope.
    I have a Dremal already! *So let me confirm that I am smoothing the step lugs on the Group handle head and not touching this Shower head.

Spacer? Ok just found an old post of yours - "58 ID and OD of 70 out of some thin material... Works well as a stop gap."

Time to play with the power tools!!! ;D

This will give me the time to sort out a longer term solution if the machine continues to perform well without additional complications.

3 cheers for AngerManagement everybody!!

ps: still need to confirm the Shower head part # etc so this is in the back pocket for later. Thanks

Nick

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 55575C5740535E4B47575A54575B320 link=1270805267/12#12 date=1270852502
    I have a Dremal already! *So let me confirm that I am smoothing the step lugs on the Group handle head and not touching this Shower head.

Spacer? Ok just found an old post of yours - "58 ID and OD of 70 *out of some thin material... *Works well as a stop gap."

Time to play with the power tools!!!

This will give me the time to sort out a longer term solution if the machine continues to perform well without additional complications.

3 cheers for AngerManagement everybody!!

ps: *still need to confirm the Shower head part # etc so this is in the back pocket for later. *Thanks

Nick

Nick... *Great to see you can use the search function... Makes it easer for all.

PS... Dont send cheers... A polite PM will do *;) * Others are less accepting of my often perceived rants.. And be aware... You to could be on the receiving end if ya start playing with 240V *;D

Never the less... Glad I may have been able to assist.

1: Some one did post a pic of the NEW SunBeam group handles and the reduced step... But ya think I can find it *:o

2: * Just do the lugs. *Now with out knowing what tools... *I actually grind the dremal tip so that I can get the flat of lug at 90 to the wall. *Other wise you tend to end up with a bit of a slope *:D ;D :(

3: The other thing is to make sure you do the same on both sides... Black nico pen and mark / measure how far back on the big step you want to go. Try to stay in that area. *It is easy to just keep extending and over do it. *This will not overly hurt... But it means more spacers or you just have to move the group around to 4:30 or maybe even 4 for a good lock.

4: Then get some wet and dry and or a polish attachment for the dremal and polish those lugs.. * I still have a small step but the rest is a nice *even slope and thus it allows more surface area to mate with the collar. *Thus pressure is spread more evenly and as it does start to dis-form... You can just lock in a bit harder. *There is no step to bind / dig in.

The one at work had a stuffed collar.. *I used a round SS bar and beat the lip and swelling back in the collar... Then did the group lugs.. *Not nice and I took a few nicks into the wall of the group.. Had the shakes and wrong glasses on..

Good thing I was not crimping detonators *::)

But it was to buy me time..

Guess what.. *Been 9 months now.... Still being abused... One spacer added about x-mas time... *Still going strong...

If it lasts another 6 months this unit will have spent *2.5 years in a abusive place and the only other fault was crap in the steam valve and a broken steam micro switch.. *

Great value.. EM6910R and EM0480 got for $400.

Previous owner had for 12 months and loved GJ flavoured beans... The grinder still stinks of coconut *::) ::) ::) ::)

Quote Originally Posted by 09262F2D3A052926292F2D252D263C480 link=1270805267/13#13 date=1270859391
    Previous owner had for 12 months and loved GJ flavoured beans... The grinder still stinks of coconut

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok... here is the status of events. *

First of all, I grinded the bevels to have a less steep an incline and be gentler on the Shower Head Collar which is obviously damaged as per previous posts. * See pics 1,2,3,4 for before and after on both sides.

Then after trying various types and thickness of spacers made from leather, plastic, a pool noodle, Toilet seal, rubber o-ring I found that the Shower head must be too far gone. *

The best performer was the o-ring which fit perfectly in the filter. *Its round shape allowed it to sit in the overhang nicely. *It was too thick initially at over 3mm (considering the SB one is 1mm), and therefore I could not engage the group head past 7pm which made it turn toward open with the pressure. * *

I cut the first one in half with a stanley knife and this was horrendously looking like 4wd terrain when I was finished. *

Then I used the metal toothed cutter on the rotary saw whilst anchoring the o-ring in the filters overhang. *The result was two pieces flat on one side and round on the other. *One was ~1.5mm thick and the other 2.15mm. *

These both allowed me to turn full around to 4 and 5pm respectively. *They both leaked through the group head but remained in place this time. *The 2.15mm could be pushed a little further to stop most of the leaking but this would mean the same result in days to come.

So to conclude, would a couple original SB spacers make the difference because the surface remains uneven OR is the Shower Head definately shot.

note: I have not used a round tube to bang the left side in as per AMs last comment.

I guess I am off to Michels Pattiserie in the morning. :(

Regards, Nick

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 3C3E353E293A37222E3E333D3E325B0 link=1270805267/16#16 date=1270894417
    The best performer was the o-ring which fit perfectly in the filter. *Its round shape allowed it to sit in the overhang nicely. *It was too thick initially at over 3mm (considering the SB one is 1mm), and therefore I could not engage the group head past 7pm which made it turn toward open with the pressure. * *

NNOOOOOoooooooo

The spacer is for the group... Nothing to do with the basket.. Or the group Handel...

1: Remove the shower screen and then remove the BLUE seal - see ya pic below.. *Check it for splits etc... *The spacer fits between the group head and this blue seal..

Pm me ya ph number

PS... The Lugs look good

Now that is funny!

Thanks for the call. *All set back to normal now with group at 6 oclock and sweet spot at 2 oclock! * 8-)

Thank you AM!

Regards, Nick

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 494B404B5C4F42575B4B46484B472E0 link=1270805267/18#18 date=1270896944
    Now that is funny!

Thanks for the call. *All set now at 6 oclock and sweet spot at 2 oclock! * 8-)

Regards, Nick
    No problem..

Ya all good and with a spacer and the tapered lugs... No need for a new collar.

If it gets a bit lumpy... Just panel beat it and you should get an extra 3 - 6 months and have $$$ saved for a new machine... AND grinder.

"H ZWH EINAI SAN ANGOURI, O ENAS TO TROI KAI DROSIZETE KAI O ALOS TO TR0I KAI ZORIZETE "

Quote Originally Posted by 0C232A283F002C232C2A28202823394D0 link=1270805267/19#19 date=1270899864
    "H ZWH EINAI SAN ANGOURI, O ENAS TO TROI KAI DROSIZETE KAI O ALOS TO TR0I KAI ZORIZETE "
    Why are you talking about cucumbers ;D
    KK

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 02262F2F2C2C1602263A2426490 link=1270805267/20#20 date=1270900327
    Quote Originally Posted by 0C232A283F002C232C2A28202823394D0 link=1270805267/19#19 date=1270899864
    Why are you talking about cucumbers * ;D
    KK
    (LIFE IS LIKE A CUCUMBER, ONE PERSON EATS IT & IS REFRESHED WHILST ANOTHER IS FORCED TO EAT IT)

BOT...

One follows advice and has a great reward... While others still dont get it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 46696062754A66696660626A626973070 link=1270805267/19#19 date=1270899864
    Quote Originally Posted by 494B404B5C4F42575B4B46484B472E0 link=1270805267/18#18 date=1270896944
    Now that is funny!

Thanks for the call. *All set now at 6 oclock and sweet spot at 2 oclock! * 8-)

Regards, Nick
    No problem..

Ya all good and with a spacer and the tapered lugs... No need for a new collar.

If it gets a bit lumpy... Just panel beat it and you should get an extra 3 - 6 months and have $$$ saved for a new machine... AND grinder.

She is Back!!! * :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not a leak in site. Changed to a finer grind, packed it less and tampered a little gentler - got a great result on the pressure as I like it.

As mentioned last night, the group handle started out of the box at 5pm and it has taken 3 yrs to reach 4pm with nowhere to go. * I now have it at 6-6:30pm with the makeshift 2.15mm spacer. * Will order 2xSB spacers (1mm each) next week and should be just sweet at 6 oclock.

Here a pic of this mornings result.

Solution:
    D: Repair the EM6910 for $0 8-)

I have cypriot Agouria in the vege patch!

Regards, Nick

A_M

Nick

It was a pleasure to chat, cover off on any number minor issues with your machine; and to hear your back in action.

I see your hitting the sweet spot that the empty preasurirsd basket gave. Dont forget to get a washer for the em0480 and a new seal for th 6910.

Oh... I am sure ya wife thinks we are mad and I had to beg to be let back inside..

Regards AM

A week after repairs and they just keep brewing... :D

Sunbeam have sent me the OEM spacers although yet to install. I am hesitant to be honest coz right now the machine is perfect. If it is not broke why fix it - right? :-/

Regards, Nick

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 4B4942495E4D40555949444A49452C0 link=1270805267/22#22 date=1270937141
    She is Back!!! *

Not a leak in site. Changed to a finer grind, packed it less and tampered a little gentler - got a great result on the pressure as I like it.

As mentioned last night, the group handle started out of the box at 5pm and it has taken 3 yrs to reach 4pm with nowhere to go. * I now have it at 6-6:30pm with the makeshift 2.15mm spacer. * Will order 2xSB spacers (1mm each) next week and should be just sweet at 6 oclock.

Solution: *
    D: Repair the EM6910 for $0 *

Regards, Nick
    Nick, A heads up.. And hoping the veggies are still OK.

Will be using ya pics of teh Lug mod in the addition to the EM6910 Collar replacement guide.

Thanks for taking to time post them up.

Quote Originally Posted by 6E41484A5D624E414E484A424A415B2F0 link=1270805267/25#25 date=1283335055
    Quote Originally Posted by 4B4942495E4D40555949444A49452C0 link=1270805267/22#22 date=1270937141
    She is Back!!! *

Solution: *
    D: Repair the EM6910 for $0 *

Regards, Nick
    Nick, A heads up.. And hoping the veggies are still OK.

Will be using ya pics of teh Lug mod in the addition to the EM6910 Collar replacement guide.

Thanks for taking to time post them up.
    Cheers mate! Any other shots you need just let me know.

Just sowed the crop today for Spring... String Beans, Cuis, Lettuce, Peas, Toms and the list keeps going...

Fixed the garage auto opener too since we last spoke!

note: check your messages

Regards, Nick

its good to see people working through problems with their 6900-6910, as i too am a 6900 lucky man with no problems to date (touch wood) albeit a sticking steam micro switch. I think these machines are much like cars, if they are serviced regually and kept in a clean fashion then they will last. Unless your unlucky to grab a lemon and then nothing will help you.

But i am glad AM is here to help with these solutions because ive just had mine apart having alook at my collar and finding that it still looks ok, maybe a spacer in a few months to keep everything on the right road.

I firmaly belive if it wasnt for some expirienced people who give their knowledge freely there would be many a reader out there who would have chucked their machine instead of having a go and fixing it.

Rock on 6900s
    Shortie likes this.

Dre
    Just wanted to say a big thank you to all of the contributors to this thread, you just saved my life, well at least my sanity. I have just fashioned a spacer from the old seal that was just replaced and my EM6910 is back on form at 6 o'clock (it's been a while since that has happened). Should keep me going until the replacement collar arrives from Australia (currently living in the UK, hence the need to brew a decent cup of coffee myself). Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    (currently living in the UK, hence the need to brew a decent cup of coffee myself). Cheers!

Bit too much tea....