Thread: Enjoying beautiful coffee from Rancilio Silvia

Enjoying beautiful coffee from Rancilio Silvia

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Im new to the coffee world of making espresso drinks at home
    I bought a rancilio silvia a while ago and already install the v3 steam valve and wand and new portifilter
    Know im enjoying beautifull coffee after getting used to it and the rocky
    Trying lots of brands of coffee beans,
    Im using Di-Bella Ali-Reserve it is mind blowing coffee leaves a very smooth after taste better than most coffee shops i used to try all different coffee shops.
    But this one is gorgeous

Any of coffee buffs out there tried ALI-RESERVE
    Cheers

Re: Enjoying beautiful coffee from Rancilio Silvia

I concur with Gary.

I have had my Silvia and Rocky grinder for 2 weeks. My Gaggia Classic died and I replaced my De Longhi grinder. I also got a Pullman Deluxe Tamper (awesome) and a Synesso ridgeless double. I am using filtered water combined with rainwater. I have followed many of the tips here and I have to say the quality of my shots has blown me away. I wait forty seconds after the light goes out.

I am nailing the 25sec 60ml shot and to be honest I never realised espressos could taste so good. I usually milk but it is so good without it I am sometimes going without. I add the milk to prolong the pleasure!!. I seem to be getting the full flavour of the varieties I am drinking.

I am getting local beans from Perth but as they arent sponsors I wont mention names.

Kindred spirit, Doublee! Pullman, synesso basket, silvia...now you just need a mazzer ;)

Best thing I can suggest is you gronk your machine with a $40 temperature gauge. by far the best improvement for the dollars you can make to a silvia, and eliminates a lot of the guess work when temp surfing.

It is perfectly OK to mention non-sponsors, especially if they are stocking quality beans. What you cannot do is link to a non-sponsor commercial site. So do give other Perth-ites a heads-up.

Congratulations as well--it sounds as if you have successfully mastered stage one!

I wonder how long it will be until upgraditis strikes. ;)

Greg

Thanks for the gronk suggestion Doug. I have checked to links and will investigate how to install. Arent those Pullman Tampers great.

I have been using beans from Five Senses in Perth. Great service and beans. Also got a Coffee Dripper with some lighter roasted beans or filter and stovetop. YAHAVA in the Swan Valley is also very good.

Be good to hear where more from Perth people get their beans. I have ordered from VENZIANO and got great beans and service.

Upgraditis will need to be kept at bay. It is the price of being married and the sole coffee drinker. Mind you Rudds tax grab on my mining shares hasnt helped.

Quote Originally Posted by 7853495E5059593C0 link=1271323251/4#4 date=1273764189
    Upgraditis will need to be kept at bay. *It is the price of being married and the sole coffee drinker. *Mind you Rudds tax grab on my mining shares hasnt helped.
    told u we were kindred spirit. or maybe Im suffering split personality disorder and have invented my new personality as doublee, but Im not creative enough to actually come up with any new traits... :-/