Thread: Anyone out there have a Faema Family "version 2.0" machine?

Anyone out there have a Faema Family "version 2.0" machine?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello, all - newbie to this forum, but trying to help out a friend.

A mate brought me his Faema Family which he tried to repair himself. Did an excellent job on the plumbing, cleaning the boiler, group-head, 3-way solenoid etc. and re-assembling everything.

Except one minor problem - he didnt take pictures of the wiring on the boiler-side (heater element, thermal cutoffs, fusible link, etc.) before he took it apart and now is afraid to put it back together again for fear of blowing a breaker.

He came to me because I have a Family machine also - but my baby is a "V1.0" ca. 1988, while his is a "V2.0" circa 1996 - the kind with the slider-valve for the steam wand and an aluminum boiler.

So my wiring is completely different; I cannot really do anything.

He is terribly distraught without his machine and I would be really grateful if someone would be willing to take the cover off their machine and take some pictures...

At least it would get him to stop bothering me for a while... *::)

Thanks in advance to any kind souls out there who might be able to help.

A_M

Re: Anyone out there have a Faema Family "version 2.0" machine?

Quote Originally Posted by 4B59555E5D380 link=1274222139/0#0 date=1274222139
    Thanks in advance to any kind souls out there who might be able to help.
    Might also help to know where ya are located.

Besides unless they replaced and re sheathed all the wiring, it should be reasonably straight forward if all other terminations etc have been done..

Interesting: *No pics before hand ? *No electrical wiring diag ? *No Electrical licence ?

In addition teh request for pics and not a wiring diag frightens me even more...

Quote Originally Posted by 57787173645B77787771737B737862160 link=1274222139/1#1 date=1274224489
    Might also help to know where ya are located.
    Actually, Im a Yank. But lived (and loved) in Oz as a youngster. Located in Long Beach, CA, US.

Quote Originally Posted by 57787173645B77787771737B737862160 link=1274222139/1#1 date=1274224489
    Besides unless they replaced and re sheathed all the wiring, it should be reasonably straight forward if all other terminations etc have been done..
    They didnt, but yet, it aint as simple as you might think. Dont know if youve ever had one of these specific machines apart, but all the wiring on the boiler-side of the baseplate is the same color (black) - that includes all the switch connections, thermal cutouts (theres three of them), steam temp switch, fusible link, etc. Its a rats-nest. Only the pump and the 3-way valve are connected. Ill post a pic if you like - its ugly.

Interesting:No pics before hand ?No electrical wiring diag ?No Electrical licence ?
    Yeah, like I said - he kinda screwed the pooch on this one. Manual has no wiring diagram, and Ill be d*mned if I can find one anywhere on the web. The only remaining Faema factory reps in North America are in Montreal, and I tried them already, as well as the Faema factory in Italy - and, amazingly, no luck.

BTW - US and Canada folks can repair their own stuff (117VAC) without an electrical license, as long is it isnt physically part of the building (but believe me - many of them regret it later) :(

Trust me - if someone can come up with a wiring diagram for this beast, Ill be stupefied and ecstatic at the same time. But Im not holding my breath...

Hence, the easiest thing I can think of is pictures. If anyone out there is lucky enough to own one of these things, and kind enough to help out someone in need.

Ive already posted to several places in the States and Canada and no luck so far, so Im broadening my horizons, as it were.

Cheers

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 594B474C4F2A0 link=1274222139/2#2 date=1274228424
    BTW - US and Canada folks can repair their own stuff (117VAC) without an electrical license, as long is it isnt physically part of the building (but believe me - many of them regret it later)

Trust me - if someone can come up with a wiring diagram for this beast, Ill be stupefied and ecstatic at the same time. But Im not holding my breath...
    OK all makes sense... *Care to pay for a flight *;D *Could do with a break *8-)

I did have access to a special place ( na not the infected mushrooms hit) that had very detailed exploded diags and they included the wiring looms....

Do ya think I can find the link.... Beats head with an empty ash tray.. *See what happens when ya give up the smokes.. Loss of memory...

I am searching archives and an email from the Admin with my user name and other details.. *Have to head out on a job.. Will get back to ya on my return.. So sleep tight. *but send me a pm with ya contact details. If I get access I will see if I can get ya the bits you might want...

PS. Any further model info ?

PPS. Dont ya just love to old BLACK wiring every where *:(

Here is the list of units... Which one is it..

E91

E92

E97

E98

STAR

DUE

Elite

Tronic

Express

Special

NO STOP

COMPACT

E64

P1

P4

P6

E61

E66

SMART

Hmm - not sure which model designation it is - unfortunately machine is not in front of me, as I am @ work now.

Sent contact info via PM.

I will look @ the machine when I get home.

thanks for the help

Welcome "javanetic".... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

There are quite a few fellow snobs with working Faema Family machines here in Oz and at least two that I know of that have been completely rebuilt. It might help to use the "Search" tool to locate these owners but just make sure you dont limit the search to the default time of only one week - Best to go back a few years to make sure you trawl up as much info as possible.

All the best.... :)

Mal.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 65484C404D210 link=1274222139/5#5 date=1274247060
    Welcome "javanetic".... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

There are quite a few fellow snobs with working Faema Family machines here in Oz and at least two that I know of that have been completely rebuilt. It might help to use the "Search" tool to locate these owners but just make sure you dont limit the search to the default time of only one week - Best to go back a few years to make sure you trawl up as much info as possible.

All the best.... :)

Mal.
    I have done some searching and after working with AlexT ( have additional issues now) have a collection of faema links and pdfs etc etc...

As was posted on another forum to the same request for assistance... Give me a meter and some hands on and it would only take a few minutes.

From the electrical diags I have seen.. I tend to agree.. But unless ya understand electrical terminology / switch and contact terms etc.. All black wiring could mean a flashing time , if ya got any of it wrong. :o :o

Let alone dollars to replace burnt bits.

Will have Alexs Faema over here in 24hrs for more work / TS and if I get some pics from javanetic (very interesting email addy) we / CS / I may be able to assist ;D