Thread: help EM6910 shower screen stuck - cant remove the screw

help EM6910 shower screen stuck - cant remove the screw

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Gday all
    I thought Id pull my sunbeam out of the box in the garage and try to get it back to its former glory. *Its in desperate need of a steam descale and general cleanup - bouncing pressure guage issues etc, but I hoped if I could fix it then it might be a good gift for a friend rather than just sit out there wasting away.

The problem is I cannot remove the shower screen as the screw is extremely tight - completely stuck. *While generally trying to be careful, Ive managed to round off the screw so its now impossible to do anything with a screwdriver. *I bought a screw extractor from bunnings but it looks like I wont be able to use it without fully dismantling the machine since theres not enough room to get the drill in there.

Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to get it out? *Ill have to buy a new showerscreen anyway since this one is now a tad damaged...
    thanks
    Geoff

Re: help EM6910 shower screen stuck - cant remove the screw

used some different search terms, and found the answer
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1208509381/0

Quote Originally Posted by 7B48474D50766E07290 link=1208509381/3#3 date=1208541883
    3- Depending on the design, some folks have had success in folding the shower screen in half, grabbing the screen with a pair of locking pliers, and turning it to remove the screen and bolt all at once.
    after using a flat blade screwdriver to bend the screen up on one side, I just turned the whole thing around and out it came. easy.

now to go the descale and order a new showerscreen and seal...

A_M

Re: help EM6910 shower screen stuck - cant remove the screw

Be aware... More than a descale will be required..

I have found teh pumps and teh solenoids will gunge up over time and they have to be pulled down and totally stripped etc..

Thus my previous offer to some... As to I am happy to recive dead units etc..

About 10hrs plus for a just working on and closer to 15hrs to 20hrs over two or three weeks for a dead system to be working...

If ya have teh parts and tools.