Thread: Levers

Levers

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

Im thinking of upgrading my brewing equipment from a Kenwood E630 seriers to something shiny that has 2 boilers instead of thermoblocs...

- is it my imagination or is there a trend towards lever operated machines of late? any advice?

TC

Re: Levers

Quote Originally Posted by 5F7C7E65626B6E63670C0 link=1277015127/0#0 date=1277015127
    Hi,

Im thinking of upgrading my brewing equipment from a Kenwood E630 seriers to something shiny that has 2 boilers instead of thermoblocs...

- is it my imagination or is there a trend towards lever operated machines of late? any advice?
    There is something with 2 boilers in this price range? * :-? I must have missed it...

There is a bit of a lever trend, but they can be tricky to use well- especially the little ones...

Izzo do a gorgeous 1 group PID lever machine, but sadly it belongs in the extreme machine category *:(

Re: Levers

Right starting point for levers and about 1/2 the price for dual boilers ;)

Seems to be a bit of a trend globally with older brewing methods period and a retrying of older ideas with newer methods and roasts. Funny thing is that be it Syphons from the 1850s or levers from the 1950s the coffee produced is great and in some ways better or just different to what can be produced by PC controlled bling anf marketing hype be it a clover or Synesso. This trendy "syphon and pourover bar" thing being touted as the next big thing is coffee is a good laugh due to the age of the methods ;)

If you are thinking Pavoni or smaller domestic lever for home then it might be worth seeing if someone here has one you can go and try out first and see what you think. Good and bad points about this style of machine but heaps of control over what is going on but I reckon it could be to much for some.

The small 2 group that Sorrentina is importing at $1500 in a lot of ways is a nice compromise as the spring lever takes some of the variability out of the shot making and they are less prone to running hot like the Pav types.