Thread: yet another newbie seeking advice...

yet another newbie seeking advice...

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    so, i had pretty much decided to buy a lelit combi and then i saw this for sale for $900...

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1276759456

It is very tempting to be able to get a HX machine for so little... the only thing is that i cant find much info on this machine at all.

Does anyone here have any info about it? Will it be easy to get spare parts etc?

Also i need a grinder to go with it (there goes the budget...)

I know everyone says to get the best grinder you can afford, but i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this grinder: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1279501741

It seems quite cheap, but again, no info on the grinder so a little dubious...

another option is this grinder at Di Bartoli:

Bezzera BB004 Doser Grinder Brand New, Older 2006 Model
    Special Price: $400.00, Save: $325.00 off the RRP!

again, not a grinder i heave heard a lot about.

so i guess my questions after all that is;
    what is the San Marino like performance-wise?
    will either of these grinders work with the HX machine? or should i get a better grinder?
    and finally, should i maybe just go for the lelit combi for now, save up my pennies and then go for a really good HX machine and grinder in the future?

Arghh, so confused :-[ oh and before people ask, i would like to keep the total budget under $1300... preferably closer to $1000 (stupid car needs fixing)

Re: yet another newbie seeking advice...

Quote Originally Posted by 74666068686362363E3F34070 link=1279612411/0#0 date=1279612411
    should i maybe just go for the lelit combi for now, save up my pennies and then go for a really good HX machine and grinder in the future?
    The lelit combi is a great machine for its price I have found. If you care about bench space.. it makes that decision easier.

From what I have read on here there is a gap between spending 900 dollars and then spending 12-1300 dollars. *

Dont settle for mid way.

If youre not 100% comfortable about even spending a grand on a machine then get the lelit and wait a few years, sell your lelit (which will probably have become more popular by then) and then spend more money.
    If youre happy spending at least a grand.. then you may as well make the stretch to 1300 + for a Great Grinder and a Good Machine - after all.. and extra $300 dollars is small compared to the overall amount youre spending.

Personally I was struggling with justifying 800 dollars on coffees so I got the Lelit and am VERY happy with my purchase :)

Hope this didnt make your decision any harder *:D

haha, yeah i see your point... originally i was only going to spend about $500 total, what a fool I was! upgradeitis has struck before I even start purchasing!
    You have not made the decision harder, just confirming what i am already leaning towards... as much as i would love to own a HX machine now, i think id rather wait and be a "Future Giotto Rocket owner" as you say...

Quote Originally Posted by 6E7C7A727279782C24252E1D0 link=1279612411/2#2 date=1279673219
    as much as i would love to own a HX machine now, i think id rather wait and be a "Future Giotto Rocket owner" as you say...
    I think thats wise. Sure everyone here catches upgraditis but I think everyone secretly likes upgrading even though its expensive.