Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 - spout pointing the wrong way?

Sunbeam EM6910 - spout pointing the wrong way?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just got a 6910 and very happy with it. I have read through quite a few posts on this forum and already learned a lot.

One small question: when I screw the single spout all the way on to the group handle it ends up pointing towards the back of the machine. This makes it difficult to see the colour of the pour. Have I done something wrong? I can loosen the spout a little so that it points towards the side but Im not sure if that is recommended.

A_M

Re: Sunbeam EM6910 - spout pointing the wrong way?

Quote Originally Posted by 686A7B65787F646469626E0B0 link=1282085746/0#0 date=1282085746
    Just got a 6910 and very happy with it. *I have read through quite a few posts on this forum and already learned a lot.

One small question: when I screw the single spout all the way on to the group handle it ends up pointing towards the back of the machine. *This makes it difficult to see the colour of the pour. *Have I done something wrong? *I can loosen the spout a little so that it points towards the side but Im not sure if that is recommended.
    Ya could but why bother with a single and having to change... Put it and teh pressurised baskets back in the box and file for safe keeping..

Double spout is all that is needed.

Ok - so you mean use a single basket with a double spout into a single cup? Well that seems obvious now that you mention it :)

What about using the double basket? Ive read that some people prefer using the double basket, but if you are only making one cup wouldnt you always just use the single basket (unless you are looking for stronger coffee)?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 4240514F52554E4E434844210 link=1282085746/2#2 date=1282087106
    Ok - so you mean use a single basket with a double spout into a single cup? *Well that seems obvious now that you mention it *:)

What about using the double basket? *Ive read that some people prefer using the double basket, but if you are only making one cup wouldnt you always just use the single basket (unless you are looking for stronger coffee)?
    Many here do not use teh single basket..

I only ever used teh double ...

As to stronger ?? In caffiene or flavour or smell etc etc ;D (Sheldion is my middle name - The Big Ban Theory)

1: Dose as normal but stop teh shot short - 15 or 20 rather than 30sec .... You play and see what you like best ;)

2 Dose as normal and run as normal but let one spout go to teh drain or to another glass for collection and to be used later for Ices coffee ;)

OR

3: Single basket - (But then having to use teh double will mean different grind / tamp and dose .... This add to your skill sets but can be complicated to get right ::) )

All 3 methods produce a cup of product... They will not all be the same or have the same level of caffeine... ( 1 to 3 as to lowest to highest if I recall ? )

Find what suites you as to whats in teh cup... Remember KISS is good.

Thus 2 + 2 = 5 for great coffee.

Thanks for the info AM - much appreciated :)

FWIW Capn, I had the same issue, both the single and double spouts seemed to be threaded in such a way that the spouts pointed to the back, making it hard to see what was happening during the pour. No matter how I tried to get the buggers on, same result. Was probably the group handle thread, in hindsight.

I ended up ditching them both, and running with no spout. Less to clean or build up with oils, and I can see the pour really well. You also get better clearance under the handle if you have tall cups/glasses.

Downside #1 is not being able to run two shots at the same time, but at my place people are generally happy to wait ;)

Downside #2 is Im now tempted to get out a dremel and turn the thing into a naked, which will make it tricky to sell on to someone when I upgrade the machine down the track....