Thread: Rancilio Silvia / Rocky package

Rancilio Silvia / Rocky package

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone,

Im new to this site so I apologise if Im posting in the wrong area or if this post has been covered (i did try to seach but didnt come up with much).
    So Im a massive coffee lover and have had a few machines in the past. I have recently retired my Saeco Incanto automatic machine that has served me well due to a meticulous maintenance schedule. To be honest though, I have never been all that happy with the quality of coffee coming from this machine. This could be due to a range of issues, least of which being bean quality.

All this aside, after lots of research, I want to go ahead and purchase a Rancilio Silvia and a Rocky grinder. I have done my research and the best package deal I can come up with is $1295 for both. They also chuck in a few extras like a better tamper, cleaning stuff, some different baskets and some cups which makes the deal a little sweeter.

Does this seem like a good deal to you guys? Im in Sydney so was planning on a road trip to Melbourne to pick this stuff up (yay free petrol!!). Does anyone know where in Sydney I caould get a price like this?

TC

Re: Rancilio Silvia / Rocky package

Quote Originally Posted by 3F25212322747C4C0 link=1282792641/0#0 date=1282792641
    Hi everyone,

Im new to this site so I apologise if Im posting in the wrong area or if this post has been covered (i did try to seach but didnt come up with much).
    So Im a massive coffee lover and have had a few machines in the past. I have recently retired my Saeco Incanto automatic machine that has served me well due to a meticulous maintenance schedule. To be honest though, I have never been all that happy with the quality of coffee coming from this machine. This could be due to a range of issues, least of which being bean quality.

All this aside, after lots of research, I want to go ahead and purchase a Rancilio Silvia and a Rocky grinder. I have done my research and the best package deal I can come up with is $1295 for both. They also chuck in a few extras like a better tamper, cleaning stuff, some different baskets and some cups which makes the deal a little sweeter.

Does this seem like a good deal to you guys? Im in Sydney so was planning on a road trip to Melbourne to pick this stuff up (yay free petrol!!). Does anyone know where in Sydney I caould get a price like this?
    Hello Simon and welcome,

Can I suggest that you wil be better to pay a few $$$ extra and get one locally? Perhaps you might want some training and/or after sales support?

Id think the cost of a trip to Melbourne to collect or perhaps repair the gear should easily cover the perceived difference in price?

Happy shopping..

2mcm

Silvia takes some time to master and I would recommend getting it from an area close to you, should you ever need after sales support.

Alternatively, you could try to pick them up secondhand, they do come up fairly often on CS.

Thanks for th input guys. Im actually planning on heading into jetblack and having a look at the machine prior to purchase. Im more than happy to pay a little more and buy from and support local business if there is a level of pre and post sales service.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 263C383A3B6D65550 link=1282792641/3#3 date=1282866305
    Thanks for th input guys. Im actually planning on heading into jetblack and having a look at the machine prior to purchase. Im more than happy to pay a little more and buy from and support local business if there is a level of pre and post sales service.
    Pre and post service support is hard to put a value on...

1: Ya machine is stable and works like a dream... You then question why ya spent the extra.. As the same item could have been obtained ON LINE or else where for cheaper !!!!

2: It has a strange fault or YOU need training and some hand holding - That support is worth every penny....

Hindsight is a bitch and just confuses the emotions....

Good risk management is about Assurance not just Insurance...

Go for teh one where support for YOU and the Machine can be had...

JB will look after ya.