Thread: Struggling to find Gaggia Classic (Brisbane) - Help please

Struggling to find Gaggia Classic (Brisbane) - Help please

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

I have been trying to find a new Gaggic Classic in Brisbane and am having no luck at all. Im hoping someone can please help me!

I think this would be a good introductory coffee machine (never had one before) for the price I can afford with reliability and which can deliver a good tasting coffee.

Harvey Norman said they dont stock this model. The Good Guys say the same. Myer says they dont have any in stock and havent seen them in a while. David Jones says they dont stock them. Internet searches for this machine in Brisbane just turn up Internet companies interstate where shipping is needed and I am concerned about what Ive read about CoffeeItalia and how the warranties work at other places.

If anyone has any advice on a store that should still stock this machine in Brisbane I would so appreciate it!

Thanks,

Re: Struggling to find Gaggia Classic (Brisbane) - Help please

About a month ago I saw one on display in Myer Indooroopilly
    But it may have sold

KK

Thanks for the advice. I called Myer Indooroopilly but unfortunately they dont stock them anymore and neither do Clive Anthonys.

It appears that in Saeco becoming the distributor in Australia for Gaggia, that they are just not distributing Gaggia and are replacing stock in outlets with their own Saeco products which are not the same! I am really quite cross with Saeco to be honest.

Now I dont know what to do, whether I will be able to find a Gaggia Classic that someone still has in stock or whether I will have to look at something else.

I hear the Sunbeam makes a good coffee but tends to break down.

I hear the Rancilio Silvia makes a good coffee but takes a while to be ready, is a bit harder to use and seems to be a bit outside my affordability as I would like to keep to maximum $700.

I am not sure whether the Saeco Via Venezia is any good?

I liked the idea of the Gaggia Classic being reputable, apparently a reliable machine, forgiving of the ingredients used and forgiving of the maker in terms of most often ending up with a nice coffee.

Any advice would be great!

I know they are not a site sponsor, but Im fairly sure Merlo in the Valley sells them.

I bought two Gaggias , Carezza and Baby locally of ebay, after giving them a service and replacing o-ring which i bought locally they like new.

So if not need to be new and you have the time to bid , ebay may be good option.

My Carreza had spring anti drip valve to group and baby the 3 way valve.
    The baby is basically the classic with ABS plastic case.

Call site sponsor DiBella I seem to remember they sell them or maybe just have one in their machine sales area. Give them a bell.
    Remember the golden rules- fresh beans and freshly group. Remember if u want great coffee factor into ur price a grinder too.

Ps. 1 vote here for the Silvia- brilliant machine!!! Will last for many many years too!! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 36363638343D3D3E3E5B0 link=1283653180/5#5 date=1283727551
    Ps. 1 vote here for the Silvia- brilliant machine!!! Will last for many many years too!!
    If you cant find a Gaggia Classic you could step up to a Silvia
    In Brisbane you can ring or visit Barazi as they sell the Silvia

KK

Welcome "Rockel19".... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Perhaps a more attractive option that achieves almost identical performance to the Silvia is the Lelit range of machines sold by several of our Site Sponsors, e.g. http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/s...lelit-pl041em/

These machines punch well above their weight and are excellent all-round performers.... 8-)

Mal.

Thanks for your help, guys. :) Im thinking on this a little more and have another question which I might pose more broadly in a different topic.

Im a bit late to the part here but I thought Id just mention this. I picked up a 3 year old Gaggia Classic with a good grinder and accessories for $300 earlier in year. Had the same problem that I couldnt find a new one but really wanted the Classic. The machine still works like new. I just gave it a descale and its making coffee better than some commercial machines that Ive used.
    As long as youre careful and dont pay too much, 2nd hand Gaggias seem to work just as well as a new one!