Thread: Krups 4050 leaking

Krups 4050 leaking

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone - I am a first-timer (others more unkind would say odl-timer!). I have a faithful Kuups 4050 which may be about to meet its maker. After having adapted a single-hole steam wand instead of the rubbish supplied with the machine, it turns out an absolutely brilliant coffee with great crema. But, despite a new group head seal, it leaks clean water from around the PF quite badly. It is not mixed with grinds, so I suspect it may be more than just the seal. If I replace it, I am seriously considering the Lelit. Any assistance with the problem, and advice on the Lelit would be greatly appreciated.

A_M

Re: Krups 4050 leaking

Quote Originally Posted by 605B41584F2E0 link=1284957507/0#0 date=1284957507
    Hi everyone - I am a first-timer (others more unkind would say odl-timer!). I have a faithful Kuups 4050 which may be about to meet its maker. After having adapted a single-hole steam wand instead of the rubbish supplied with the machine, it turns out an absolutely brilliant coffee with great crema. But, despite a new group head seal, it leaks clean water from around the PF quite badly. It is not mixed with grinds, so I suspect it may be more than just the seal. If I replace it, I am seriously considering the Lelit. *Any assistance with the problem, and advice on the Lelit would be greatly appreciated. *
    Many of these units have a plastic/ carbon fiber impregnated group collar.

Thus just like the EM6910 and other cheaper units the collar and and does suffer from overdosing and the excess pressures that are generated.

Thus they can dis-form and or fracture and even just shatter.

Depending on where you are and who the service agent is; they may be able to provide you with a new collar.

I know the local guys here in Brisbane do *a few changes but it does come down to parts availability and is the manufacturer provides as a part to the general public.

Best of luck.

As a new poster etc.. I would be looking at the cost of a new collar to buy some time so that you can research your upgrade path in full.

AM

Thanks, AngerManagement. I will go down that path and see what to cost is likely to be. If it is what I think it may be, then my research had better go into overdrive!

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 754E544D5A3B0 link=1284957507/2#2 date=1284974909
    Thanks, AngerManagement. I will go down that path and see what to cost is likely to be. If it is what I think it may be, then my research had better go into overdrive!
    You dont give a location... Others may have been down teh same path ?

When you get a part number etc... And you know what they are suggesting as to $$$

Then ask around and even contacting Sparkys in Albion in Brisbane may be worth a call. They may still be an agent...

I am just a bit south of you - Melbourne to be precise. I will see what I can find, and if I have any joy, I will let it be known. Have organised to see a place on Wednesday, so we will see...... If anyone has had a similar experience, please let me know.