Thread: Last minute decision

Last minute decision

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello all,

I have put a deposit on a LeLit Combi which has been on back order for some time. In that time I have researched and found grinders probably make the biggest difference in end result.

I love my coffee and have recently started roasting but cant foresee myself getting too wound up in the upgrade/modding scene. Will the Lelit Combi be all I need or should I shell out the extra $400+ dollars for the Lelit PL041 and Kompact 3 Touch? I am heading overseas soon so could always do with extra cash and am planning an engagement soon so money is a small issue. I just dont want to regret getting a lesser quality unit/coffee.

Any thoughts... I need to confirm my order asap!

Re: Last minute decision

Quote Originally Posted by 52786D7A7A6D727578777B7A140 link=1285154594/0#0 date=1285154594
    Hello all,

I have put a deposit on a LeLit Combi which has been on back order for some time. In that time I have researched grinders and found grinders probably make the biggest difference in end result.

I love my coffee and have recently started roasting but cant foresee myself getting too wound up in the upgrade/modding scene. Will the Lelit Combi be all I need or should I shell out the extra $400+ dollars for the Lelit PL041 and Kompact 3 Touch? I am heading overseas soon so could always do with extra cash and am planning an engagement soon so money is a small issue. I just dont want to regret getting a lesser quality unit/coffee.

See highlighted sections for answer............

Mate, we ALL want to upgrade......

Youll always be able to buy a coffee machine. Im pretty sure theyll continue making them for some time yet.

Spend your money on the os trip and pending engagement. In the scheme of things they are far more important....and if possible, put the machine on a gift registry! ;D

So is that yes for Combi or yes for LeLit + K3T plus extra expense.

Quote Originally Posted by 6F677F75680C0 link=1285154594/1#1 date=1285155043
    Quote Originally Posted by 52786D7A7A6D727578777B7A140 link=1285154594/0#0 date=1285154594
    Hello all,

I have put a deposit on a LeLit Combi which has been on back order for some time. In that time I have researched grinders and found grinders probably make the biggest difference in end result.

See highlighted sections for answer............

Mate, we ALL want to upgrade......

Any marriage wouldnt happen for some time, but we drink take away coffee every morning :-0

I am committed to buying one of these setups asap, but just more interested in being money/quality/future savvy.

Is the LeLit grinder good enough, or will an upgraded grinder give a much better and worthwhile result???

Quote Originally Posted by 65444F4F4852210 link=1285154594/2#2 date=1285155112
    Youll always be able to buy a coffee machine. *Im pretty sure theyll continue making them for some time yet.

Spend your money on the os trip and pending engagement. *In the scheme of things they are far more important....and if possible, put the machine on a gift registry! *;D

More help please Im completely torn!

I have no doubt the LeLit combi will do a good job at grinding, but will I be disappointed with the LeLit when I taste a "Compak" ground coffee?

i had the exact same dilemma as you...

when i went to buy my setup i asked if i would notice the difference in taste, and the ismple answer is, if you don;t have a really refined palette, then probably not... the difference in grinders will come down to quality and consistency. ie. the better grinder will give a more consistent grind and will likely be of better quality.

my main consideration was concern over having everything in one unit, what happens if just the grinder or machine breaks or has a problem? i would then be stuck with a bulky item where only half of it works, and the have to get a new seperate machine or grinder....

like you, i thought i would not get caught up in upgraditis, but then realised that i had started my search looking at $150 machines at department stores, and was now researching $800 plus mahines here... i think i was already on the slippery slope...

so, after all that, and a little extra money thrown in from friends for a bday present, i decided that the extra $400 was worth it and got the K3t and lelit. i have not looked back... the k3t is well and truly built to last, is great value and should i end up with a HX machine, will definitely keep up with it...

so, thats how i came to my decision, but, you need to decide what is important to you and what you will be happy with.

both options will give a great coffee.

Regardless of your situation, get the Lelit and the K3. It is a very good INVESTMENT regardless you make coffee every now and then or tons every day.
    Without the need for an upgrade in your case, this combo may be the best possible value and will last many years with proper use.

Gary

Thanks Gary and Sagoode, you have both put my mind at ease. I was hoping to get away with spending less, but no doubt would have regretted it down the track. Looking forward to the new setup :)

No worries, always glad to help lead someone out of the agony of indecision...

I hope you enjoy your new setup and the fantastic coffee you will be sure to produce with it!