Thread: Lelit combi or EM6910 combo ?

Lelit combi or EM6910 combo ?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys unfortunatelly my budget won,t stretch to a Gee & grinder So
    based on experience , which como would give a better shot out of these two ? (I know lelit is well built & has good rep but good shots are the most important to me) otherwise Ill stick to cafes to get my fix :o

Re: Lelit combi or EM6910 combo ?

I havent tried the Lelit but have used the Sunbeam a lot.

Given the reliability factor Im recommending you go with the Lelit as its said to be able to produce good coffee.

Thanks thundergod, I thought as much, by the way how is the Gaggia mdf going ?

Go for the lelit, its fantastic machine and gives fantastic shots, and ive found it pretty forgiving when im hungover and my technique is not up to scratch, my rushed, sleep deprived, hungover shot earleir this morning was way better than the one I just had from the cafe near work (which uses campos and they are usually really good).

Hi guys , thanks for your posts,
    I had to get a gift on interest free ,so ended up with the em6910 combo (with extended warranty ;)) sigh one day I will get a real coffee machine :-/ But first shot last night was fantastic (actually 2nd shot as 1st shot choked the machine) buttery oily shot with beautiful chocy undertones, only decent beans I could get at short notice were from micheals paticery , gotta start roasting again, oh well gotta find a bread maker again, so it begins :D

Damn dude, i have heard lots of horror stories about those machines, maybe the warranty will be usefull though ;), i have owned a few various machines but have settled in with the lelit, IMO you cant go past them for bang for buck, reliability & awesome shots ;) ;D

Yea , I know but this last week with the em6910 has been great, i am working on my skills but so far so good, just the sunbeam grinder is very messy,thinking up some mods ;) picked up my correto breadmachine now waiting for sparky at work to mod it to spin continuously , & then to order a sample of green beans :D

FYI I had this machine before but didnt take time to fine tune my skills
    but had no probs with it, still my sister told me she got a nespresso machine today :-X might as well get instant ::)

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 564D5049515F485C56514057250 link=1285881627/6#6 date=1286875670
    Yea , I know but this last week with the em6910 has been great, i am working on my skills but so far so good, just the sunbeam grinder is very messy,thinking up some mods ;) picked up my correto breadmachine now waiting for sparky at work to mod it to spin continuously , & then to order a sample of green beans :D

FYI I had this machine before but didnt take time to fine tune my skills
    but had no probs with it, still my sister told me she got a nespresso machine today :-X might as well get instant ::)

Great stuff... *Search the Grinder section as there are some great mods to reduce the static etc.

Did you get the EM0450 or the EM0480 ? * Not sure if the EM0450 comes with the Si nose piece. *Either way, the nose piece does help to reduce static but does not STOP it. * If yours did not come with one... Ask Sunbeam or make your own from a piece of PVC. * Pics etc are in a number of posts as well as milk cartons to help reduce the issue of stray grinds.

Enjoy your journey and always take it slow.... And treat the EM6910 with respect and she should see you enjoy some great shots.

AM

Quote Originally Posted by 6B706D746C6275616B6C7D6A180 link=1285881627/6#6 date=1286875670
    i am working on my skills but so far so good, just the sunbeam grinder is very messy,thinking up some mods Wink
    I,ve managed to cut a milk carton in half and took one side out for the portafilter access. The sides of the carton catches the fines and holds them there til discarded, no more mess. :)

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by 342F322B333D2A3E34332235470 link=1285881627/6#6 date=1286875670
    just the sunbeam grinder is very messy,thinking up some mods
    I grind into a small spare metal jug.

Cuts the mess and static/clumping down to almost zero.

I also find that while it is grinding I have just enough time to go to the fridge, get the milk and fill my frothing jug so it doesnt take any longer than grinding directly into the basket. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by 7269746D757B6C7872756473010 link=1285881627/2#2 date=1285891151
    Thanks thundergod, I thought as much, by the way how is the Gaggia mdf going ?
    Just after I got it the dosing cam broke.
    A very rare occurrence it would seem.
    Inspection of the part showed a bubble had formed in the moulding and this caused a weak area that eventually gave way.
    Luckily for me the Gaggia spares place was only 10 minutes away from where I worked at the time so it only needed a quick trip one lunchtime and about 1/2 hour of disassembly/reassembly to have it like new again.

Its been in storage for 9 months now, since Ive been out of work.
    It was humming along nicely last time it was used.

Hey as a 6910 owner I am happy with it, dont be to bummed getting it,

Cheers
    Fat mac

Thanks snobs,
    just an update, em6910 going strong with 480 grinder I made a collector from a small plastic bucket cut out bothh side one for portafilter & one for switch works well! got my bread machine & heat gun setup & received my sample of green beans (thanks Andy) justgotta find the time to roast(work & my 2yr old put a tic tac up his nose so we ended up spending most of yesterday arvo in emergency room :-[)
    Just one thing I noticed the em6910 vibrates so much the cup I put under the porterfilter moves forward & seems to be getting worse anyone else had this problem ?
    cheers
    Shultzmyster