Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 Warranty Issue

Sunbeam EM6910 Warranty Issue

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,

I am back again with another query.

My first query was well sorted out by AM and I learnt a lot from him after he assisted.

My new issue is this. My Sunbeam EM6910 has been going great until recently when it appears to not froth the milk as well as it used to in the past. I cleaned and backflushed the machine and read all the other updates on here before deciding to post as a last resort.

The dilema is this - I bought the machine from the Good Guys in Lutwyche QLD over 12 months ago. I extended the warranty on it for an extra 4 years and when I contacted them about the problem with the steam wand this is what I got.

I need to send the machine to Sydney via TNT (they have sent docket etc to me). If the machine is damaged in transit its not covered by warranty. They will not be able to look at the issue for at least 3 weeks and then hopefully get it back to me in the 2 weeks following that. They have no service centre in Brisbane and if I take it to anywhere else to get it looked at it will void the 4 year warranty.

So, do I:

Send the machine to Sydney and wait 5 weeks for it to come back?
    Play around with it myself?
    Take it to a repairer in Brisbane for a quote on what the issue might be and if its serious enough then send it to Sydney?

Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

Basilbrush

Re: Sunbeam EM6910 Warranty Issue

Quote Originally Posted by 0C2B2129737B7571420 link=1289558982/0#0 date=1289558982
    Send the machine to Sydney and wait 5 weeks for it to come back?
    Play around with it myself?
    Take it to a repairer in Brisbane for a quote on what the issue might be and if its serious enough then send it to Sydney?
    Id be contacting Horizon again directly and pushing for machine replacement. I had a microwave fail under Horizon warranty, and they just gave me a credit at the Good guys store. They are usually pretty good warranties actually. Just argue its too fragile to ship.

Thanks rmoulynox, I will give it a go. I do wonder though if your microwave was under $250 in value thats why they just credit it straight away (options you get on the phone when you call them - under/over $250.

Regardless, Ill give them a call.

Cheers

Basilbrush

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 43646E663C343A3E0D0 link=1289558982/0#0 date=1289558982
    Take it to a repairer in Brisbane for a quote on what the issue might be
    Sparkies and that will take a couple of weeks ? and cost you some $$$

Quote Originally Posted by 43646E663C343A3E0D0 link=1289558982/0#0 date=1289558982
    My new issue is this. My Sunbeam EM6910 has been going great until recently when it appears to not froth the milk as well as it used to in the past
    The issue sounds a little vague and depending on how BAD ???

Could be USER / MILK or the Steam pump..

Pump is about $30.. Milk is $4 and User is priceless :D

AM,

I was hoping you would reply to my thread. The most helpful person I have ever met regarding coffee. Given the advice you gave me the first time I will easily listen to what you have to say again.

I did check for blockages and regularly clean/descale the machine. The steam just doesnt seem to be coming out with the power that it used to and therefore doesnt give the thickness and consistency you expect from this machine with your milk.

I wont discount it could be a user orientated issue, but think its unlikely as I have scoured over comments you have made on similar posts. Dont want to seem like an idiot if I dont take all your advice :)

I know of SSparkies in Albion and I had thought about it, just thought a few others may know of alternate places or different things to try.

cheers

Basilbrush

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 56717B7329212F2B180 link=1289558982/4#4 date=1289562608
    I did check for blockages and regularly clean/descale the machine. The steam just doesnt seem to be coming out with the power that it used to and therefore doesnt give the thickness and consistency you expect from this machine with your milk. *

As stated above... If your sure it is the machine... *

Then steam pump would be my first guess, if all was OK previously.

Un aware of any others that are Authorised in Brisbane. *Know that at least one or two others that do attempt / offer services... *But would not even consider taking any thing to them; unless I want to be ripped off.

Steam is and can be a right PAIN... *EM6910 has TWO extras working for it over the EM6900

1: You can change TEMP and Flow rate and easy to access....

Thus I would reset to default settings and then make one change at a time...

A: First would be Steam Heat and up to the max..

B: Then I would look at the WETTEST and the DRIEST settings.

Test from Cold and post warm up at each setting and double check each time...

I would not take it anywhere for a repair / Quote until fully tested and you can clearly prove the fault... Many repairers would just side pass the issue unless it is very clear that it is not working...

I am assisting with an EM6900 at the moment and a right pain... HARD to get access to and no adjustments as to settings... *Thus any change in pump specs and or dirty Steam thermoblock and it makes it hard to even guess or prove without a full dismantle.. *PITA big time...