Thread: La Pavoni Espresso Plus - repair?

La Pavoni Espresso Plus - repair?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all
    Ive inherited a Pavoni EP (1999 model), and though the steam works the water pump appears dead - theres no water coming through the plunger, and no pump noise happening. I was searching online and found a small repair place near me in East Brunswick but unhappily did not save the address! Could anyone offer a place I could get the machine assessed without big time expenditure? It looks in great condition by the way and I think its worth a little investigation. Its my (potentially) first coffee machine - its been stovetop till now.

Re: La Pavoni Espresso Plus - repair?

STOP USING THE STEAM.

It is a single boiler/dual purpose machine with a non-automatic refilling boiler. If the pump isnt working, you are killing the heating element because there is not enough water in the boiler... Search "single boiler priming" - you will need to do this if you get the machine running.

If you are able to change a light bulb, you can change the pump yourself. Pull it out, find the part number, google it and buy one. Will probably cost you $50 and 10 minutes. If you cant change a light bulb, dont attempt this because you will might get electrocuted.

Re: La Pavoni Espresso Plus - repair?

Thanks so much. Yes I thought it best not to damage the element by running it without water on it. Hopefully its still okay. I will follow up your advice and replace the pump if necessary. Thanks again.