Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 - Need to send in for service?

Sunbeam EM6910 - Need to send in for service?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys, Ive had my EM6910 for 7 months now and Ive come across a few issues which have been niggling at me.

A few weeks back, the steam output deteriorated causing me immense frustration. An agressive descale of the steam side with Bombora Triple Action Cleaner forced most of the gunk out. The steam improved, but still isnt up to its original output.
    The other day, I helped to set up a friends newly purchased EM6910, and managed the perfect microfoam which has eluded me on my machine.

My current situation:
    - When I turn off the steam switch, the pump stops immediately, but steam keeps trickling for another 4-5 seconds. To fully clear it, I have to turn it halfway so that the steam escapes, without activating the pump.
    - The steam doesnt seem sufficient to swirl the foam and milk together, resulting in dry foam with visible bubbles.

Thanks,
    Any assistance would be appreciated,
    Jayson

A_M

Re: Sunbeam EM6910 - Need to send in for service?

Quote Originally Posted by 7F746C667A7B79707A62150 link=1293286229/0#0 date=1293286229
    - When I turn off the steam switch, the pump stops immediately, but steam keeps trickling for another 4-5 seconds. To fully clear it, I have to turn it halfway so that the steam escapes, without activating the pump.
    This may or may not be a problem as some were designed this way.

If it was not like this at NEW... Then would suggest there is still crap in teh system and around teh steam valve seat.....

Quote Originally Posted by 7F746C667A7B79707A62150 link=1293286229/0#0 date=1293286229
    - The steam doesnt seem sufficient to swirl the foam and milk together, resulting in dry foam with visible bubbles.
    You could still have crap in teh system

OR

You need to set ya steam temp to MaX and Pump rate to Default or WET.

If it was not like this at NEW... Then would suggest there is still crap in the system and around the steam valve seat.....
    Yeah, as far I can remember, it never did that when it was brand new.

You could still have crap in the system

OR

You need to set ya steam temp to MaX and Pump rate to Default or WET.
    I feared that I still had crap stuck in the system ...
    but Im not sure how to get rid of it.

My steam temp is already set to max, and I lowered the pump rate to WET , and it saw minimal improvement, any suggestions on how to proceed?

A_M

What is your location ?

How to proceed... Clean the Steam system and teh steam valve.

Thus the ongoing issue of A few words of advice and hints VS the right tools and skills to do teh right job.

Im in Melbourne, not sure of any places around which I can take it for service.

Do you think that the cleaning of the steam system and the steam valve is a task which I should undertake myself? or leave it to the service centre?

I think the machine should still be under warranty ...
    but Im afraid that theyll just perform a "quick test" and determine that the machines fine, then itll all be a waste of time...

Sunbeam Expresso Cafe Series EM 6910

I have just completed the cleaning cycle on my group head filter and the handle has jammed I cant open it. I didnt force it on - it closed normally. I inserted the cleaning disk and the tablet followed the instruction to complete the cycle...went to remove the head and it was jammed. Have tried waiting until it cooled but it is jammed tight. Any ideas on how to fix greatly appreciated! dying for a coffee. :-[

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7A6A7D6F70797079180 link=1293286229/5#5 date=1293497488
    I have just completed the cleaning cycle on my group head filter and the handle has jammed I cant open it. * * I didnt force it on - it closed normally. *I inserted the cleaning disk and the tablet followed the instruction to complete the cycle...went to remove the head and it was jammed. * Have tried waiting until it cooled but it is jammed tight. * Any ideas on how to fix greatly appreciated! *dying for a coffee. :-[
    What movements did teh Gauge do when you were cleaning ?

Open teh Hot Water Valve

Then try again

Did you remove and clean BOTH the Shower screens before doing teh Backflush ???