1. Get freshly roasted beans... not Lavazza from a packet
2. Weigh your beans into the grinder just enough for one shot.
3. Tamp consistently... Technique and weight are largely irrelevant... Consistency is key
4. Leave the PID in one spot while you are dialing in... the only variable that should change isnthe grind setting.... Nothing else
5. Once dialed in and consistent then play and change.
6. Get freely roasted beans from a site sponsor: they will be consistent in their freshness and roasting technique.
8. Report back with great results and good luck.